yconic - Advance Functions in summer school?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Advance Functions in summer school?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I messed up my math in grade 11, I took the 11M rather than the 11U, that only makes me eligible for Data Management. I want to take Advance Functions to apply for York's computer science (BA) so I was planning to take the grade 11U math next semester and take Advance Functions in summer school. But I heard that universities look down on summer school so I'm wondering if I should just come back as a fifth year and take it then?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Universities don't care about summer school.
Just take it.

Why wouldn't you take the U course? How could you take it accidentally?
I always took academic/U courses EXCLUSIVELY, JUST because they were the best/hardest and would get you the most options.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@rightsaidfred wrote
Universities don't care about summer school.
Just take it.

Why wouldn't you take the U course? How could you take it accidentally?
I always took academic/U courses EXCLUSIVELY, JUST because they were the best/hardest and would get you the most options.

I wasn't planning on going into ComSci in grade 11 and math wasn't one of my strongest subjects so I took the M course to get a better mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Most university courses require at least Advanced Functions, though.
It's always a good idea to take it.

Even psychology majors need math - the amount you need to learn to do statistics and stuff is actually pretty heavy.

Anyway, you should still take it. It'll be useful for you in uni. Take it in Summer School.
Just know... Summer School is really rough. 6 hour days, 3 weeks of class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0