yconic - ADVANCED FUNCTIONS SUMMER SCHOOL
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ADVANCED FUNCTIONS SUMMER SCHOOL

A photo of aquarius aquarius
I'm in Grade 11 and currently averaging around 83 in Advanced Functions. Should I retake it in Summer school.I am getting additional tutoring help now and I think realistically should be able to do much better.

It's a pre req for Bio Medical at Guelph.

Any opinion of doing English at summer school ?

Appreciate your input.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of bebemonaa bebemonaa
I don't think that you should take summer school in the summer, because your mark is very good as it is, although i guess you can get it higher and it is easier to do so in summer school, but your mark is not low so you do not need to do that.
Taking a new credit however, such as English is a veryyy good idea, it is much easier and simpler and you get it over with, otherwise it weighs you down during the school year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kb4 kb4
first of all ur going to guelph and I'm pretty sure that its not that competitive. So i wouldn't worry about it. Second of all ur going into med, ur not going to be doing a lot of math in bio med so there not expecting a extremely high math mark. If you want to bump marks up for a major scholarship I might but otherwise don't take summer school. And most major or elite universities don't look at upgraded marks. Don't do summer school if ur upgrading and if ur taking a course you haven't taken before be 100% sure ur summer school has ac and ur prepared to work over the summmer than you'll get a good grade otherwise you won't. And if ur a doctor wannabe, let me tell u something if ur giving all ur effort and getting the marks ur getting forget about it. U should be giving minimum or no effort and getting those grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
They'll laugh you out of summer school if you go in trying to upgrade an 83%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela

@Nyx wrote

My sister re-took Calculus in summer school after getting an 87, she ended up with a 99 in summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Take an improvement course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@Rela wrote

@Nyx wrote

My sister re-took Calculus in summer school after getting an 87, she ended up with a 99 in summer school.

uhh i know a guy who pretty much failed advanced func cause he stopped showing up to class and he ended up with a 95 in summer school.

upgrading it might be a waste of your time and efforts if youre really thinking of guelph because as someone said, its not that competitive so instead, work harder to get higher marks in your other courses. and plus i think you should do something more meaningful during your summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0