yconic - ADVANCED PLACEMENT EXAMS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ADVANCED PLACEMENT EXAMS

A photo of Schen Schen
Is anyone here writing any AP exams? The week of examination is coming up, and things are starting to get tense and stressful out here !
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
AP Calc in one week and a half!
I opted out last minute.
Hehehehe.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
AP Bio, didn't study at all.....just doing it for the heck of it, and the fact that I'm in AP Biology 12. my teacher said that last year, most students got 5's on the ap bio so it sounds easy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@KittShelby wrote
AP Bio, didn't study at all.....just doing it for the heck of it, and the fact that I'm in AP Biology 12. my teacher said that last year, most students got 5's on the ap bio so it sounds easy

You don't even need to worry about BIOL 107 then LOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
They are easy. Don't eat, don't sleep, don't study, and you'll walk out after 20 minutes and pull of 100%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gebraroest gebraroest
I'm doing ap chem next monday, didnt study yet gonna study hardcore from now on
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
European History on the 6th.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
English Literature on the 5th. Got the best mark in my class on the practice exams, so I'm not worrying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of slader23 slader23
AP World history on May 12th....Will start studying this weekend I guess but I am not that worried about it since its my favorite course..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
ugh AP Chem on monday, then AP bio the monday after that. :/ Way to start off the week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asdf098 asdf098
Did two exams last year, doing five this year. Will have finished English Lang, Microeconomics, Chem, Calc (BC), Bio, Phys, French. Does anyone else have to come to school on a PA day to write Bio and Phys? hahaha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asdf098 wrote
Did two exams last year, doing five this year. Will have finished English Lang, Microeconomics, Chem, Calc (BC), Bio, Phys, French. Does anyone else have to come to school on a PA day to write Bio and Phys? hahaha

O_O
You're crazy LOL
You're totally gonna miss out on first-year fun.
D:
Why so much fast tracking?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote

O_O
You're crazy LOL
D:

Well I applied to a bunch of universities in the US, and taking many APs is actually useful for admissions, unlike here. It shows your ability to handle a difficult workload similar to what you would expect in university. Since I'm not attending a university in Ontario (which all limit it to like 2-3 AP credits max), I'll theoretically be able to use as many as I wish. Nevertheless, there is some course material that I think would be beneficial to review in first year, so I won't be using all 7 AP credits.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@asdf098 wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

O_O
You're crazy LOL
D:

Well I applied to a bunch of universities in the US, and taking many APs is actually useful for admissions, unlike here. It shows your ability to handle a difficult workload similar to what you would expect in university. Since I'm not attending a university in Ontario (which all limit it to like 2-3 AP credits max), I'll theoretically be able to use as many as I wish. Nevertheless, there is some course material that I think would be beneficial to review in first year, so I won't be using all 7 AP credits.

Have you checked up on the many awards that are available for that many AP credits?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asdf098 wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

O_O
You're crazy LOL
D:

That's crazy!
Do you also have to take the regular 8 courses along with all those APs?!
I praise you!
What school are you looking at attending in the States?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@cyynthiia wrote

@asdf098 wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

O_O
You're crazy LOL
D:

That's crazy!
I praise you!

I don't think he would have to take the regular courses along with the APs. That's simply not human.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote

That's crazy!
I praise you!

If by "regular 8 courses" you mean the provincial standard "xxxxU" courses, then no. At my school you just choose between the C, U, or AP level for each course (although some courses only have a U option). The AP course covers everything required by the Ontario curriculum (i.e. everything that the students in the U class would be learning, plus a lot more). Then, at the end of it, I just take the AP exams in May, which are entirely independent of the high school and do not count towards GPA/average in any way.

I will be attending the University of Pennsylvania's School of Engineering and Applied Science. (That's the Ivy League university in Philadelphia, not Penn State, which many people confuse it with.) My other US acceptances, if anyone's interested, were Johns Hopkins (BME), Duke (Engineering), and UC Berkeley (Bioengineering). Penn is the only school that gave me financial aid, so nothing else is really an option anyways... not that I'd choose any of the others over Penn!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@asdf098 wrote

I will be attending the University of Pennsylvania's School of Engineering and Applied Science. (That's the Ivy League university in Philadelphia, not Penn State, which many people confuse it with.) My other US acceptances, if anyone's interested, were Johns Hopkins (BME), Duke (Engineering), and UC Berkeley (Bioengineering). Penn is the only school that gave me financial aid, so nothing else is really an option anyways... not that I'd choose any of the others over Penn!

Nice!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@asdf098 wrote

Wow, I'm jealous. Congratulations!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted