yconic - Advertising, Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, and Sales Managers
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Advertising, Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, and Sales Managers

A photo of roadno13 roadno13
[size=6]Hey guys, I'm looking to study towards becoming an advertising/marketing/sales manager. So far, for my university applications, I'm thinking about choosing UofT St. George's "Rotman Commerce" and Western's Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS).
My questions are:

1. I want to ask which universities are excellent for my future study and if my current two choices are alright. I need a few more universities, so what can I choose? I thought about Queen's Commerce, but I heard you need 90%+ avg + lots of ECs, so its unlikely for me.

2. What's the difference between BMOS at Western VS. BMOS at King's University College?

3. I'm not that much interested in accounting, so to become an advertising/marketing/sales manager, would I have to specialize in management? Or what?

Thanks to those who answer, and for a sidenote, I expect my marks (realistically/altruistically) to be around mid-high 80s with so-so ECs.

Happy Christmas eve!
[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Kargo93 Kargo93
hey guy,
Im going into marketing as well..
I can't answer you questions but, here

1. You can apply to Laurier BBA(87), schulich BBA(90+, EC), UBC Sauder- It has the Best Marketing program (90s, but you need good ECs as well. )

2. I dont know, Its probably Ones more hands on than the other... (College vs Uni)

3. Im not sure, but I dont think you have to. Managers are promoted, to be a manager you need exp..

@s68

yes that could be an option, for Ryerson everything is hands on...
If you want theory go to the other unis, but if you want hands go to eg, Ryerson.

People just dont choose ryerson because it was a polytechnic college now its a University... And to add its a commuter school- which means it lacks school sprite

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kargo93 Kargo93
sorry for mistakes,,, typing this on ipod -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of roadno13 roadno13

@s68 wrote
Hi! I'm actually in the same situation as you. I want to go into advertising/marketing as well and am looking for good university programs for it. So far I'm applying to UTM management, Schulich BBA and York administrative studies and im also applying to Ryerson for fashion communication because I like the whole fashion marketing thing, dunno if its the right thing for you. But Ryerson also has a marketing management program at Ted Rogers so I might apply to that too.
Thats all I can answer for now. Good Luck!

Cool, UTM and Ryerson Management, I might check out those programs. I'm not into fashion, but more towards product marketing. Thanks for info, and good luck to you too!

@Kargo93 wrote
hey guy,
Im going into marketing as well..
I can't answer you questions but, here

1. You can apply to Laurier BBA(87), schulich BBA(90+, EC), UBC Sauder- It has the Best Marketing program (90s, but you need good ECs as well. )

2. I dont know, Its probably Ones more hands on than the other... (College vs Uni)

3. Im not sure, but I dont think you have to. Managers are promoted, to be a manager you need exp..

@s68

yes that could be an option, for Ryerson everything is hands on...
If you want theory go to the other unis, but if you want hands go to eg, Ryerson.

People just dont choose ryerson because it was a polytechnic college now its a University... And to add its a commuter school- which means it lacks school sprite

Yeah, I'm now thinking about Laurier BBA.. But isn't it an honours course? Meaning its harder? Thanks for the reply.
Was this helpful? Yes 0