yconic - advice on Grade 12 courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

advice on Grade 12 courses?

A photo of ListenToYourHeart ListenToYourHeart
heyy, so school is really soon and im starting to get really nervous about my courses and my marks. just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my schedule or the courses? thanks!

semester one:
advanced functions
writers craft
coed gym
family studies

semester 2:
philosophy
law
english
business leadership
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Having no grade 12 sciences and only one math excludes you from a lot of university courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
^ That but I'm assuming you want to go into humanities/business from the look of your courses. Seems like it'll be an easy year, especially first sem and you shouldn't have any trouble getting high marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fma Fma
1. Eat well.
2. Sleep enough.
3. Dont be nervous.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@ktel wrote
Having no grade 12 sciences and only one math excludes you from a lot of university courses.

i want to go into some sort of social science and mainly advanced functions was recomended. no sciences were needed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Fma wrote
1. Eat well.
2. Sleep enough.
3. Dont be nervous.

easier said than done haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Xizeta Xizeta
Why are you taking 8 courses in grade 12?

You have a number of bird courses, no need to stress.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Xizeta wrote
Why are you taking 8 courses in grade 12?

You have a number of bird courses, no need to stress.

8 courses as opposed to 7?
i wanted to take gym instead of a spare and i figured if i dont like it or dont want to take one of my courses i can drop it for a spare and not have to worry
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Xizeta Xizeta
A lot of people in Ontario schools take 6 courses in their final year.

Anyway, I personally am the type of people to examine how my teachers work. In particular, in courses where writing and essays are the evaluations, I want to know the expectations. Every teacher will have different expectations and mark accordingly.

I would take any opportunity to ask your teachers what is expected to get a level 4 grade. A rubric will not give you any insight and/or tips – a teacher can. If possible –see if they will take a gander at any of your work. Ask them to read over your thesis and see if they like your direction. Being assertive can really do a lot for you.

Was this helpful? Yes 0