yconic - aeo status question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

aeo status question

A photo of sunny1011 sunny1011
hey so i really want to do the hba program at western
and so i was hoping to get aeo status as i apply this fall the problem is that my english mark was an 80 and will bring my avg down to 87 - 90ish
so is it still possible to get aeo status with a high 80 avg?
my ec's are filled with political canvassing and political campaign involvement also with countless hours of volunteering at fundraisers and temple along with involvement at several clubs at school and have a successful hobby of trading on the stock market with my own money
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yes it's 87% and above. Your grades are 50% and your extracurriculars, community involvement, etc. make up the other 50%.

People with 87's have gotten in while people with mid-low 90s have been rejected. Just do your supplementary essay really well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
I agree with Username81. My high school average was in the mid to high 80s range, and I didn't have any exec positions on school clubs (my school did not offer any). But I did have many regional and international awards, plus stellar work experience. My essays were..well....different to say the least haha.

Univerisy of Western Ontario
Class of 2015
BMOS with AEO Status
Was this helpful? Yes 0