yconic - AEO vs applying in university
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AEO vs applying in university

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
I've heard that around 2/3 of the class are AEO's (confirm/deny?) so I was wondering exactly how competitive it is to transfer to Ivey once you're in university in relation to the competitiveness of being granted AEO status. I didn't apply for AEO though now I've had a change of heart and am strongly considering applying when I'm eligible.

Also how different would the application process be with respect to the AEO application?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of greatwallpaul greatwallpaul

@Jsonga wrote
I've heard that around 2/3 of the class are AEO's (confirm/deny?) so I was wondering exactly how competitive it is to transfer to Ivey once you're in university in relation to the competitiveness of being granted AEO status. I didn't apply for AEO though now I've had a change of heart and am strongly considering applying when I'm eligible.

Also how different would the application process be with respect to the AEO application?

A LOT more competitive, according to ppl and the ivey rep
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
What if you have the AEO, and are applying with decent marks/ecs from a school such as Schulich? Then, are your chances greatly increased?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sunny1011 sunny1011

@Finance27 wrote
What if you have the AEO, and are applying with decent marks/ecs from a school such as Schulich? Then, are your chances greatly increased?

you can only have aeo status if your doing a program at western or one of the affiliated colleges
if you choose another school then the aeo status doesnt apply anymore and you must apply second year with an 80 and good ec's
Was this helpful? Yes 0