yconic - AEO1 year-end advice
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AEO1 year-end advice

A photo of iveyguy iveyguy
Hey Guys,

Speaking from personal experience, Ivey isn't too concerned about your final HS marks, assuming that you maintain the required average for your given program.

Additionally, to address some of the other questions and concerns that have arisen, I have spoken to numerous HBA students (former AEOs), who have been admitted below the 80percent mark. Mind you, many of them have been heavily involved, but it is certainly not impossible to be admitted with anything above a 76 or 77.

Some advice about the program difficulty/experience. BMOS is probably the "easiest" option for AEOs, as the courses are multiple choice, and the subject matter is not particularly difficult. I myself decided to take a few philosophy courses, and I would NOT advise this. My final AEO1 average was around a 75, so I need to make up for it next year with easier courses.

In all, Ivey has great intentions for students during the AEOyears, however, once you arrive at university, there are courses and programs that are CLEARLY easier than others (objectively).

For high marks first years, take (electives): Compsci, Conceptual Physics, Listening to music, global studies at huron
and TAKE BUSINESS 1220, it's great, and I managed to get an 80 in it!

I'm happy to answer questions as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ToiTeam ToiTeam

@iveyguy wrote
Hey Guys,

Speaking from personal experience, Ivey isn't too concerned about your final HS marks, assuming that you maintain the required average for your given program.

Additionally, to address some of the other questions and concerns that have arisen, I have spoken to numerous HBA students (former AEOs), who have been admitted below the 80percent mark. Mind you, many of them have been heavily involved, but it is certainly not impossible to be admitted with anything above a 76 or 77.

Some advice about the program difficulty/experience. BMOS is probably the "easiest" option for AEOs, as the courses are multiple choice, and the subject matter is not particularly difficult. I myself decided to take a few philosophy courses, and I would NOT advise this. My final AEO1 average was around a 75, so I need to make up for it next year with easier courses.

In all, Ivey has great intentions for students during the AEOyears, however, once you arrive at university, there are courses and programs that are CLEARLY easier than others (objectively).

For high marks first years, take (electives): Compsci, Conceptual Physics, Listening to music, global studies at huron

Hello Ivey Guy!

Thanks alot for offering your wonderful advice as coincidently i was in great need of it. I have been admitted into Richard Ivey School of business as well and am planning to go there. However, I am very confused between my top two choices... BBA and BCS double degree and waterloo and laurier with coop in all 5 years or Richard Ivey School of business with BMOS! ?

Please give me some advice as to what you would do or which program you would choose as it will assist me in making my decision :) !

Further more can you please list the elective course that you find the easiest in chronological order .. i-e most easiest to least easiest. Thankyyou it will be an unforgetable favor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brrap brrap

@iveyguy wrote
Hey Guys,

As an HBA2011 grad admitted through AEO, the following is my advice:

1) Don't push your luck with a 76 or 77. People who are admitted with a 76 or 77 usually have amazing extracurriculars (e.g. started a charity from the ground up).

2) BMOS is not the easiest option for AEOs. BMOS is easy for a lot of AEOs because it is what they are used to. But I have friends from all different faculties who did really well because they were interested and good at their chosen fields. Just because you're perform well during multiple choice exams and not in essays doesn't mean essay courses are difficult for everyone. I know people who performed extremely well majoring in philosophy prior to Ivey. With that being said, take whatever interests you.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QCman QCman
Lol, listen to music is a class? i do that all the time, im going to ask queens if i can get an exrta credit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0