yconic - AEO2 ELECTIVES HELP
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AEO2 ELECTIVES HELP

A photo of iveyguy iveyguy
Hey Guys,

Second year course selection is quickly approaching, and I need to figure out my electives. I have two elective spaces now, and I was womdering if I could get some help. As of now, I am thinking of:

Astronomy 2022A: Origin of the Universe
Speech 2001?: Forms of Oral Discourse
Geography 2045A: Russia+Soviet Union
Writing 2111F: Professional Writing

Keep in mind, I'm an english Major (declared until Ivey), so I am not looking for something that is too math or science driven.

Looking for 85%+

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Alexkesz Alexkesz
Hey, I'm gonna take speech next year i think, wed and Fridays at 1030. I herd its supposed to be a really good class and considering public speaking is a huge asset i see no downside.
I might take professional writing instead though if they allow me to take econ 2300 A at kings, its only available to kings students which is bullshit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Scottylin Scottylin
Hey Guys, just thought I'd chip in for funsies and helpfulness (I dont normally post but thought I could help here).

I got into Ivey this year with AEO status and I took both Speech and Origins. Speech CAN be great if you have the right prof, but there are discrepancies between the Professors. I had Prof. Shaw this year and he was quite good.

Origins however, is MUCH less work than Speech in the sense that a nice 20 % chunk of the mark is allocated based on class clickers.

I think you could pull an 85% + in Origins. While you most certainly could get 80s in Speech as well, it might be a detriment to your other courses if your Prof makes you type out and hand in the speeches you perform (which is a speech ever 2-3 weeks). Makes you busy especially if you give like a 12 minute Speech.

Cheers and best of luck for 2nd year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Scottylin Scottylin
Sorry correction, I took SEARCH for life in the Universe. I know someone who has taken Origins and apparently its even easier. I ended with an 86 and I was happy with that.

Classical Mythology and Classical Sports are also classes to consider. 85+ guaranteed if you keep with the readings. Very linear....more ttime reading directly correlates with higher grades. I ended with an 85 in Myth but my friends got 86 and 90.
Was this helpful? Yes 0