yconic - Aerospace at Carleton or Mechatronics at Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Aerospace at Carleton or Mechatronics at Waterloo

A photo of KP640 KP640
I don't really know which one to pick right now. I have offers from both. I was wondering which one is the better choice. People have been telling me Waterloo is just better than Carleton, but I've heard others say it doesn't matter what you pick for your undergraduate degree just your graduate degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of mbahmed mbahmed
I have talked to a friend at Waterloo who was in Mechanical, and he says that after discussion with profs and stuff he found out that there are very little jobs for aerospace in Canada, so he switched to civil.

Just out of curiosity, what was ur admission average since you got into mechatronics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@KP640 wrote
I don't really know which one to pick right now. I have offers from both. I was wondering which one is the better choice. People have been telling me Waterloo is just better than Carleton, but I've heard others say it doesn't matter what you pick for your undergraduate degree just your graduate degree.

Go to Carleton. It is quite possibly the most under-rated university in the world.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
I don't know much about Carleton's Engineering program but all I know is that Waterloo is amazing. People don't tend to do master's before 4 years of experience so an undergrad is still kind of important.

Waterloo is a really good university because of it's co-op program. I am pretty sure you heard it a million times but co-op placements at UW are unbelievable. My brother is studing Software and he worked at CIBC IBM and Sunlife insurace in his first years. His friend who is a lot smarter than him worked at RIM (Company who makes blackberries) and his wage was $30 an hour. Which is more than what my sister makes, she is a graduate from UOIT and she is making $27.

Waterloo gives you experience and the money to pay off tuition. Which in my opinion is important, less debt=less stress?

I don't know much about Carlton so I am not saying anything negative about it, just saying UW is really good. Espacially if you really like Engineering, then you can make loads of $$$
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
Oh btw, UW is hard as hell. Engineering is hard in general and UW just makes it worst :). Go to it if you really really like Engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KP640 KP640

@mbahmed wrote
I have talked to a friend at Waterloo who was in Mechanical, and he says that after discussion with profs and stuff he found out that there are very little jobs for aerospace in Canada, so he switched to civil.

Just out of curiosity, what was ur admission average since you got into mechatronics.

Advanced Functions 95
Philosophy 87
Midterms
English 83
Calculus and Vectors 94
Physics 91
Chemistry 87

An 89 average overall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0