yconic - AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AEROSPACE ENGINEERING

A photo of NAbbas NAbbas
Hey,
So i'm applying to Aerospace, which is something I've been interested in since forever.
I've applied to:
Carleton-Aerospace
Ryerson-Aerospace
Waterloo-Mechanical
McMaster-Mechanical

So my question is, what were the general admission averages to these programs last year.
And what are my chances of getting in to one of these universities with around an 84% avg.

Should I apply to UOIT Mechanical Engineering just in case I don't get in anywhere?
Also, do universities consider that you are a female, and give you preference over a male?

Thanks,
Future Aerospace Engineer ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of AlbertoWeiler AlbertoWeiler
An aerospace engineering degree is a requirement for anyone who wants to work on the design and science of aircraft. There are two areas of aerospace engineering - aeronautical and astronautical. Aeronautical is focused on aircraft close to earth and astronautical focuses on aircraft outside of the earth's atmosphere. The selection of a specialization between the two is usually based on personal interest. From here http://www.thedegreeexperts.com/dg-engineering-101.aspx you may get more information on aerospace engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chathaf chathaf
wow , is Lakehead good university
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of perphed perphed
Hey!
Check your Ryerson ChooseRyerson portal. I had around the same average (Grade 12) midterms but I just got in to Aerospace.
They didn't send me an e-mail, so go check it now!
Was this helpful? Yes 0