yconic - AFM STUDENTS - Residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AFM STUDENTS - Residence

A photo of jefferyupaul jefferyupaul
For those of you who are accepting AFM, are you doing LLC as well? I was thinking about LLC but my friends told me that Village 1 is one of the worst residences? So, is it worth it, what would I really miss out on? BTW, are we allowed to have a roommate who is not in AFM during LLC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@jefferyupaul wrote
BTW, are we allowed to have a roommate who is not in AFM during LLC?

I think so.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LeafsFan16 LeafsFan16
I'm not big on V1, in general I hate the traditional style. For me, it's either UWP or MKV.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of gatsby gatsby
Not sure exactly, but I'll probably have my mind made up after saturday when I go visit. I'm torn between either a suite style or a traditional dormitory room. I really like MKV and will be definitely putting it as my first choice. (I have a group of four already) However, since residence is based on a lottery system and engineers get first dibs, there's no guarantee that I will get it. Not sure if I want UWP as the maximum per room is 3 and i'm not feeling the bunk beds. I've heard good and bad things about V1 and REV. Yet, i'm still not sure what type of residence I want to commit to live in for first year.

Just thought that I would compile what some of my own personal pros and cons for the residences that I am considering. Feel free to add anything.

Suite: MKV
Pros:
- Newest/nicest residence
- Air Conditioning
- Spacious
- More privacy

Cons:
- Isolation?
- Distance from class
- More expensive
- Cooking (could be considered a pro for some)

Dorm: V1/REV
Pros:
- Better for social interaction/networking
- Closer to classes
- Cheaper
- Meal plan

Cons:
- Floor washrooms
- Noisy?
- Less privacy
- Building is not as nice

Last thing. Does anyone know how payment for the residence deposit is paid? Because, i've heard for some universities you pay through the mail and since Canada Post is on strike, there might be issues in shipping? Hopefully credit card is an option.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@gatsby wrote
Does anyone know how payment for the residence deposit is paid? Because, i've heard for some universities you pay through the mail and since Canada Post is on strike, there might be issues in shipping? Hopefully credit card is an option.

Residence deposit for UW can be paid online by credit card.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of loveshackles loveshackles
Food for thought:

Village One >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The rest of them

:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Advantages:
-Cheaper food; 50% off on meal plan.
-Easier to get to know people since most people in 1st year accounting are in LLC.
-Single room; you don't have to put up with anybody else's crap.

Disadvantages:
-The room is like a jail cell...depressing as hell.

You decide.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gatsby gatsby
I am most likely going to put MKV as my first choice and then V1 LLC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0