yconic - AFMAA Preparation
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AFMAA Preparation

A photo of GCheng GCheng
Okay so everybody post ONE question that they think may appear on the AFMAA.

(For those saying you can't study, you can, but to a certain extent)

I got mine from last years but:

Describe your learning aspect. How well do you adapt to your environment? What are the strategies that you possess will help you in a university environment?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Junto Junto
I think more importantly, students who really want to do well on the AFMAA should focus on preparing some relevant examples related to their own personal experiences based on academics, ECs and leadership. They /tell/ you that you can't really prepare for the AFMAA, but this is probably the best way to prepare for it. In addition, speed writing some essays with made up questions in advance helps prep your mind so when you actually write the AFMAA, you can get your thoughts flowing more quickly and write in a more structured manner.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Studying.... lame.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

or

If yoy could be any flavour of ice cream, what would it be?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Junto Junto
Beware that most of the questions ask for more than one thing. I.e., they may ask for 3 sub-questions within the actual question. Sometimes, it is a bit difficult to think of a good way to structure an essay that answers all of these questions while maintaining a good flow. So practice structuring your essays before hand and challenge yourselves so you will not freeze up on the day of the AFMAA when you're being bombarded with pieces of information all over the place.

Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
Name 3 reasons, with support, why manhole covers are shaped in a circle.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer
I think something to think about is why you chose either FM or PA. I know its on the site and they probably wont use this question again, but its something to think about and might be part of one of the question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

And another thing to do would be do a practice question and time yourself to see how long it actually takes. If it takes too long, shorten your format, if you have a lot of time left, you know you can add more info. If you know how long it takes you to write, you wont be constantly worrying about time and you'll know how much you should be writing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I don't see why everyone is stressing and trying to teach themselves how to write will with time constraints in less than a week of time.

Hvae you never had to write an essay in one period before?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
I don't see why everyone is stressing and trying to teach themselves how to write will with time constraints in less than a week of time.

Hvae you never had to write an essay in one period before?

Thats what i was wondering. Ive been writing essays with time constraint through all of high school. And this should be easier cause the topic is YOURSELF
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme
Do u think u would need to know anything about the program? like public vs financial?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme
You could also practise by practising point form answers about yourself like makign an outlinee
Was this helpful? Yes 0