yconic - AFMAA's 2011 - Urgent Question Lawl.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AFMAA's 2011 - Urgent Question Lawl.

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
My (stupid) friend missed the deadline to respond to the AFMAAs but he wants to go. He's too lazy to make an account (Not surprisingly) and is making me create this thread.

He emailed and called Patty Mah already ... any ideas what to do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I think he missed the boat. It's his own fault. I don't think there's much you can do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of simplySimple simplySimple

@g93 wrote
I think he missed the boat. It's his own fault. I don't think there's much you can do.

+1
If he was really keen on going, he would have known the deadline
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Big waste of $40
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
lol not really^

Just replace that program with another program choice on OUAC, FARM, Math/CA, Comp Sci, DD's are still open at Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ Chances are if he chose to apply to that program (and wants to write the AFMAA now), he wants in to that program, and not Math/CA DD and FARM
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
Still if he can't now, instead of leaving AFM on OUAC just change it so you're not COMPLETELY wasting the 40 bucks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams
Its not like he missed the afmaa, I'm sure if you give Patty a legitimate excuse she'll allow it, so I'd tell him to keep calling her.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@LWilliams wrote
Its not like he missed the afmaa, I'm sure if you give Patty a legitimate excuse she'll allow it, so I'd tell him to keep calling her.

And what is that excuse for his friend? That he/she is stupid?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams

@g93 wrote

@LWilliams wrote

I'm not going to lie, I paid yesterday and nearly forgot about it :P
Theres no excuse to not meet the deadline, unless you say something about having a faulty credit card perhaps?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@LWilliams wrote

@g93 wrote

@LWilliams wrote

I'm not going to lie, I paid yesterday and nearly forgot about it :P
Theres no excuse to not meet the deadline, unless you say something about having a faulty credit card perhaps?

I should've put "truthful excuse"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lmao wrote
lol not really^

Just replace that program with another program choice on OUAC, FARM, Math/CA, Comp Sci, DD's are still open at Waterloo.

How do I change mine? I applied but I realized I don't want to go anyways. I don't want to waste 40 dollars though.

On OUAC, there's no option to edit unless I delete the AFMAA choice and then add another one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer
correct me f im wrong, but wasnt feb 4 the last day to change program choices. I dont think you can change programs now

and as for the question, i dont think theres much he can do, and seeing how lazy he/she is, not even able to log into the computer and press a couple buttons, i doubt he'll be able to do anything more
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Jagseer wrote
correct me f im wrong, but wasnt feb 4 the last day to change program choices. I dont think you can change programs now

and as for the question, i dont think theres much he can do, and seeing how lazy he/she is, not even able to log into the computer and press a couple buttons, i doubt he'll be able to do anything more

Last recommended day by OUAC- they would still process them but it's up to each individual university to process them.

To change programs you delete it first then add it.

But I'm not sure if you can for Waterloo and others because deadlines for supps are all past I think (most of them anyways).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
Nope I emailed them and replaced my Laurier acceptance and applied to Comp Sci at Loo, and I asked if it was okay and the lady said it was fine.. they are going to update two more pages on my AIF when I log onto quest so I can submit the extra info required for comp science. It's not too late guys, uni's will still accept your application unlesss it literally says closed on OUAC which for programs like Schulich, QC, AFM it does.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
March 31st is the last last day to apply on OUAC to loo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0