yconic - AIF for Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

AIF for Waterloo

A photo of AbiHelbig AbiHelbig
Do we need to complete the AIF for Waterloo after I get a conditional acceptance from them? Cuz, I got conditional acceptance from them, and I'm not sure if I still need to complete the AIF.

Applying to:
Waterloo : LifeSci and HonoursSci
UofT: LifeSci
Mac: HealthSci and LifeSci
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of DntMessWitRohan DntMessWitRohan

@AbiHelbig wrote
Do we need to complete the AIF for Waterloo after I get a conditional acceptance from them? Cuz, I got conditional acceptance from them, and I'm not sure if I still need to complete the AIF.

Applying to:
Waterloo : LifeSci and HonoursSci
UofT: LifeSci
Mac: HealthSci and LifeSci

I believe you might still have to, I got an offer as well but I'm going to fill it out within the first few days of Feb. regardless just to be safe! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of napinhei napinhei
University of Waterloo AIF FAQ Page

According to question 11, you do have to do the AIF regardless.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@napinhei wrote

That FAQ #11 seems a bit contradictory....

It says "Yes" at first, but looks like it's only used for determination of scholarships. It then later goes on to say:

You are not required to submit an AIF if you have already received an Offer of Admission, for programs in the Faculties of Arts (excluding AFM and GBDA), Environment (excluding Knowledge Integration), and Science (except Science and Business).

So confused... :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sicasu sicasu
I got accepted into Waterloo also
but I have yet to receive an email with a Waterloo student ID or anything about the AIF
is this strange?
or should i wait a little longer
I submitted my app Jan 10
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran
Yea just complete it. As far as I know, they also use it to help you with scholarships
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey sicasu and DntMessWitRohan ... I was wondering what your average was with which you got accepted into University of Waterloo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@DntMessWitRohan wrote

@napinhei wrote

It says "Yes" at first, but looks like it's only used for determination of scholarships. It then later goes on to say:

You are not required to submit an AIF if you have already received an Offer of Admission, for programs in the Faculties of Arts (excluding AFM and GBDA), Environment (excluding Knowledge Integration), and Science (except Science and Business).

This is what I found on the AIF site :You are not required to submit an AIF if you have already received an Offer of Admission, for programs in the Faculties of Arts (excluding AFM and GBDA), Environment (excluding Knowledge Integration), and Science (except Science and Business).

So my guess is no AIF for Life Science unless you think your mark is going to go down. Furthermore if we need to do the AIF, they will e mail you the form. It doesn't say anything on my account about AIF pending or anything like that. I will perhaps call them tomorrow to confirm this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@aquarius wrote

@DntMessWitRohan wrote

@napinhei wrote

This is what I found on the AIF site :You are not required to submit an AIF if you have already received an Offer of Admission, for programs in the Faculties of Arts (excluding AFM and GBDA), Environment (excluding Knowledge Integration), and Science (except Science and Business).

So my guess is no AIF for Life Science unless you think your mark is going to go down. Furthermore if we need to do the AIF, they will e mail you the form. It doesn't say anything on my account about AIF pending or anything like that. I will perhaps call them tomorrow to confirm this.

Any news on the followup? I have yet to complete the AIF considering all the other scholarship applications that I'm busy with and what with the new semester bogging me right down. I guess there is no harm in filling it out regardless even though this is my fourth choice...
Was this helpful? Yes 0