yconic - All about LIFE SCIENCE PROGRAM
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

All about LIFE SCIENCE PROGRAM

A photo of VvnWong VvnWong
Hello! I am wanting to take the life science program, but I'm not sure if I should due to my math marks. (I am in grade 12 this fall.) Will math be a big factor in the Life Science program? What courses should I be aiming for in my grade 12 year if I'm going to take Life Science? Thank you in advance for responding :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Typical Life Science Grade 12 course package: Adv Func, Calc, Bio, Chem, Physics, English, otherwise known as the "Asian Six-Pack".

If you want to take 8 courses, some other popular compliments are: Data Management (For Stats), Excercise Science (If you have the course it's a building block for kinesiology or so I've heard), Economics (Because Econ is a popular bird course in University), AP Psychology (Also a popular bird course in University).

There are probably some more but those are from the top of my head.

I don't know your marks but generally the most desired life science related programs in Ontario are: McMaster Health Sci, McMaster Life Sci, UofT Life Sci, Western Biomed, Queens Life Sci and I'll throw in McGill Life Sci because it's pretty popular with Ontario students.

Hope that helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
"Asian six-pack"? Really?

You will need to take most, if not all of those courses for life science. Depending on the university/program you're looking at, typical prerequisites would be bio, chem, english and calc

How bad are your math marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I don't know of any life sci programs that don't require at least 1 math. Some may require 2 of the 3 maths. You will also need English, bio and chem; and then some non math/science courses to fill out your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0