yconic - Alternate Offer - UofT Comp Sci
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Alternate Offer - UofT Comp Sci

A photo of Enarab Enarab
Hey I got an alternate offer yesterday from UofT. I applied to Comp Sci in St George, but got alternated to Scarborough campus? Anyone know why ? My average is around 84.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of pepper pepper
That's surprising since I have a 89 average and haven't heard from them yet. Its probably because St.George is a more competitive program. I have heard from the Mississauga campus they have accepted me because they have less people applying there. It is probably the same situation with you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of premachb premachb
May I know what area you live in? I'm just wondering cause I was talking to some people at UofT chat thing and they said no more offers till late april, early may for ON applicants

Also, what were your calculus and english marks? They take those very seriously.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Enarab Enarab

@premachb wrote
May I know what area you live in? I'm just wondering cause I was talking to some people at UofT chat thing and they said no more offers till late april, early may for ON applicants

Also, what were your calculus and english marks? They take those very seriously.

I'm in Ontario. Calculas and English I got the same mark which was 72.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of premachb premachb
Oh, that may be it then. Your Calc and English marks are a little low considering the competition for St. George campus. But I thought they didn't give out alternate offers and wait till midterms. Maybe they will still consider you? I don't know if they rejected and gave you the alternate or just gave you the alternate. It happens
Was this helpful? Yes 0