yconic - Alternate Offer @ UofT Scarborough?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Alternate Offer @ UofT Scarborough?

A photo of WolfDale WolfDale
I applied for two programs @ UofT, 1. Rotman (I had never actually gotten around to completing the supplementary essay, was going to do that tomorrow for sure), and 2. Comp Sci at Scarborough.

Now about half an hour ago, I got an alternate offer saying that I got accepted into Social Science at UofT Scarbrough, but that's it...

Here's the email,
"We are delighted to inform you that you have been offered admission to the Social
Sciences program at the University of Toronto Scarborough for the 2012 Fall academic
year.An official letter, including the terms and conditions of your offer, has been
mailed to you. You may visit Join U of T (http://join.utoronto.ca) at any time to
view customized information about this offer of admission. [...]."

What program did I get an offer at UofT (Social Science)? IT looks like it's an alternative to Comp Sci because I selected Comp Sci as my second choice, and it fell right on third.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've been seeing a lot of people getting alternate offers to Social Sci, what the heck LOL?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WolfDale WolfDale
And to make matters worse, if it were psychology, I would at least be interested. Psychology isn't part of the faculty of Social Sciences at UofT Scarborough... Sadly.

I guess it's because no one applied to S.S.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yeah Psychology is apart of Life Sciences at all U of T campuses, either way I'm guessing social sciences is just an under-subscribed program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0