yconic - Alternate offer for hnours econ at laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Alternate offer for hnours econ at laurier

A photo of jeffk jeffk
so i just got an alternate offer from Laurier, but under co op it says no. Does that mean just for 1st year? or does that mean that the program has no co op period.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of g93 g93
You apply for co-op after first year. It will be no for everybody.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jeffk jeffk

@g93 wrote

your personal opinion, do you think it is better to go to mac bcomm or laurier ba, or try to switch into BBA next year. From what i hear econ gives you less opportunities, but is more theoretical. Does either one help if i decide to do my MBA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@jeffk wrote

@g93 wrote

your personal opinion, do you think it is better to go to mac bcomm or laurier ba, or try to switch into BBA next year. From what i hear econ gives you less opportunities, but is more theoretical. Does either one help if i decide to do my MBA?

If it were me, I would go to Laurier and attempt to transfer to BBA after first year (pretty easy to transfer, hard to actually get in). If I hated Laurier, I would apply to McMaster, etc. The Honours Economics program is pretty good (and you can try and get co-op), as long as you like economics.

An MBA is designed for people who have no business knowledge, so being in Economics would make it slightly more worthwhile to do an MBA versus a BBA since you are essentially re-learning the undergrad business stuff. I wouldn't worry about one versus the other though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thelegend thelegend
how often do people get accepted to bba second year at laurier.. by transferring from honours economics to bba second year?

and with honours economics and accounting can u still get MBA after? even though its a bachelor of arts?
and if i do honours economics and finance at laurier... can u still be a CFA ? at that designation

how does the course selection process go? wat r some bird courses that will help? even if i decide to do law?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@thelegend wrote
how often do people get accepted to bba second year at laurier.. by transferring from honours economics to bba second year?

and with honours economics and accounting can u still get MBA after? even though its a bachelor of arts?
and if i do honours economics and finance at laurier... can u still be a CFA ? at that designation

how does the course selection process go? wat r some bird courses that will help? even if i decide to do law?

I do not have exact numbers atm. I would suggest calling/emailing admissions.

Yes, an MBA is designed for people with no business knowledge.

Yes.

Check the Laurier Courses/Schedule Comparison thread, and look at the link I posted and the courses I recommended.
Was this helpful? Yes 0