yconic - Alternate Offers?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Alternate Offers?!

A photo of fearlessforever fearlessforever
One of my first semester final marks was wrong by a few percent and my councellor said they would input the right mark with midterms. This obv brought my avg down for the time being and I received two alternate offers. One from UTSC and another from Guelph. Both were co-op programs and I got accepted into non co-op.

Will universities review my application again after midterm marks? My councellor said that usually once they give an alternate offer they usually don't review the application again :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of itruffles itruffles
They said that? Cuz I got an alternate offer to UTSC when I applied to UTSG and they said that my application to UTSG is still up for review. You don't think they'll look at it again? My GC said the same thing but I just overlooked it because I don't like her aha. But yeah maybe you should call them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fearlessforever fearlessforever
I'm hoping she's not right. I called Guelph as I received an alternate offer from them as well and they said they review it again! But i just dont understand why my GC just straight out said theres really no chance! :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies

@fearlessforever wrote
I'm hoping she's not right. I called Guelph as I received an alternate offer from them as well and they said they review it again! But i just dont understand why my GC just straight out said theres really no chance! :(

Because even though guidance counselors tend to mean well, they also tend to get it wrong quite a bit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0