yconic - Always Tired
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Always Tired

A photo of SassyAmbivalence SassyAmbivalence
I sleep 8 hours,
I'm tired.

I sleep 12 hours.
I'm tired.

I sleep 5 hours.
I'm tired.

It's quite frustrating, I seem to always be tired, no matter what I do. Le Doc said I should work out more often - so I went back to doing my good 'ol intense cardio, and I'm still tired. No lack of Iron either.

Anyone on the same boat? What have you done?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
How tired? Yawning, or exhausted? I think everyone gets tired at some point during the day. I'm really active and get about 9 hours of sleep a night but I'm still pretty tired come 9 or 10 pm.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SassyAmbivalence SassyAmbivalence

@ktel wrote
How tired? Yawning, or exhausted? I think everyone gets tired at some point during the day. I'm really active and get about 9 hours of sleep a night but I'm still pretty tired come 9 or 10 pm.

Extremely exhausted. Pounding headache and all. I get really tired by 5-6 so I nap for 30 minutes to an hour.

Really weird, I used to be able to stay 'alert' well into the night without caffeine. Now I took 3 cups of coffee, I know I'm gonna last till 12am.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Eat more. Drink water. Use ear plugs and a sleeping mask. Try not to wake up in the middle of a dream. Don't allow yourself to be woken by something - let yourself naturally wake up.
Try not drinking anything so that the need to pee doesn't wake you up. Go to bed using a sleeping pill fairly early, and try getting 12 hours of good sleep then letting yourself wake up naturally.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
I was always tired during highschool, my teachers always commented on it. I usually got 6-10 hours of sleep, but I would always go right back to bed when I got home from school around 3 and sleep til 6 or 7 (8 sometimes). Now that I am in university and my earliest class is at 1:30 (not that it matters, I skip most classes), I get a full 12 hours and feel fine. Some people just need more sleep than others I guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@SassyAmbivalence wrote

@ktel wrote

Extremely exhausted. Pounding headache and all. I get really tired by 5-6 so I nap for 30 minutes to an hour.

Really weird, I used to be able to stay 'alert' well into the night without caffeine. Now I took 3 cups of coffee, I know I'm gonna last till 12am.

If you are truly extremely exhausted no matter how much sleep you get I would suggest you see a doctor. There could be a number of health reasons why this is the case (such as having diabetes). You could also just not be eating properly or exercising enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
I'm like this too, but more on an always-yawny-and-sluggish level than super-exhausted (except on days when I work and am on my feet all day. then I really am super-exhausted). and insomnia too, blargh.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anotherxnight anotherxnight
I've noticed that my exhaustion has significantly risen with the time change. Maybe the shorter days are making you tired? I've talked to a doctor about my issues with this, but he just attributed it to anxiety problems. Worrying takes a lot out of you.

Sorry I don't know if this really helped. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super
Suck it up, buttercup!
Was this helpful? Yes 0