Am I a real canadian?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Am I a real canadian?

A photo of SOCCERFAN SOCCERFAN
I have been told many times that some military-related companies only hire the local <br>real canadian. <br> <br>I landed Canada a few years ago (from asia) and I am a permanent resident: <br>Will I be considered by these companies? <br> <br>My friend came to this country when he was 6 years old and he has the canadian citizenship: <br>Will he be considered by thes companies if he send them the application? <br> <br>Or does the &#34;real canadian&#34; indicate only a person who was born in Canada? <br> <br>Thanks <br> <br>
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
I think you would need citizenship. So a permanent resident might not get considered. You could ask them to find out though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
There is obviously no official requirement that you must be a Canadian citizen to work in a defence department job. You need the appropriate credentials and security clearance, but your birth place is not an issue.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
ARMY101, you might be able to help me here.

Will foreign ex-military personnel encounter barriers to employment in the Canadian defence industry despite being a legal resident/Citizen?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anky2930 anky2930
In my opinion you need a real citizen ship of Canada to do that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0