yconic - Am I at a disadvantage here?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Am I at a disadvantage here?

A photo of ZOMGACOW ZOMGACOW
Hey guys, this has been bugging me for a while. So I'm planning to apply to UBC Sauder right? But the thing is, I had a sh*tty math mark in school, so I'm retaking it in night school. I think I get my school report card on the 6th (or 7th, something like that). Most people from my school will be applying on that day. But my night school report card isn't issued until the 15th-20th of April, so I can't self-report my mark until then. I'm doing pretty well my night school course, and I was just wondering if all the spots will be taken by the 20th and my work will have been in vain.

Do you guys think I'm at a disadvantage here, or am I ok? Thanks to all of you for any replies :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

somebody reply damn it! D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
yup, looks like you're going to be at a serious disadvantage.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@arcchit wrote
yup, looks like you're going to be at a serious disadvantage.

f*ck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I was joking. I really don't know because the system we have here in Ontario is different from the one out in BC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@arcchit wrote
I was joking. I really don't know because the system we have here in Ontario is different from the one out in BC

Ahh, that's cool too. Where are you planning on going?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of XCEINOX XCEINOX

@ZOMGACOW wrote
Hey guys, this has been bugging me for a while. So I'm planning to apply to UBC Sauder right? But the thing is, I had a sh*tty math mark in school, so I'm retaking it in night school. I think I get my school report card on the 6th (or 7th, something like that). Most people from my school will be applying on that day. But my night school report card isn't issued until the 15th-20th of April, so I can't self-report my mark until then. I'm doing pretty well my night school course, and I was just wondering if all the spots will be taken by the 20th and my work will have been in vain.

Do you guys think I'm at a disadvantage here, or am I ok? Thanks to all of you for any replies :)

Unfortunately I don't think sauder takes upgraded mark. When I checked it I believed I saw something like that and stopped applying because I was worried about upgrading english. However, this might have changed, so be sure to talk to your guidance or look it up online. Correct me if I am wrong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@XCEINOX wrote

@ZOMGACOW wrote

Unfortunately I don't think sauder takes upgraded mark. When I checked it I believed I saw something like that and stopped applying because I was worried about upgrading english. However, this might have changed, so be sure to talk to your guidance or look it up online. Correct me if I am wrong.

Nah man, they definitely do, I know a guy last year that had to retake english...you could have still applied!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48
I think you have a shot:)
but wait u haven't even applied yet:S??? i thought the supplementary was due a while ago
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@speedy48 wrote
I think you have a shot:)
but wait u haven't even applied yet:S??? i thought the supplementary was due a while ago

haha no, i have applied with the supp and everything, I just had a question about the self report :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0