yconic - Am I at a disadvantage?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Am I at a disadvantage?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I was wondering if I would be at a disadvantage going into a business program having taken the following courses for grade 12:

English
Advanced Functions
Calculus
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Food and Nutrition
Exercise Science

I also had no business related courses in grade 11.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Not a big disadvantage. Some first year courses are pretty much the same as Gr 12 courses (Accounting), so having taken it will help. Do you need to? No. Does it make it easier? Most likely. Huge difference? Probably not, depends on the person too.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of igill igill
No you won't be at a disadvantage. Many University courses offer programs that are equivalent to the ones you would take in High School. This just means that you would take that course first and then take the proper university course for you program.

This means that you are going to end up taking an extra course or 2 to make up for not taking any in high school :)

its not a big deal because many people do it :)

Good luck !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mar Mar
No, you won't be at disadvantage. These courses keep your doors open. If you'll change your mind about business you can always go to engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
No, business doesn't have any prerequisites except eng& math. So they shouldn't be expecting students to know everything about business.
Was this helpful? Yes 0