yconic - Am I going to get accepted?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Am I going to get accepted?

A photo of Aliriz56 Aliriz56
My goal is to get admitted into WLU Waterloo Campus for Finance or McMaster for Commerce
and Western Finance
My average right now is a 78 which is definitely not me considering I had chemistry (dropped it). I spent way too much time on it and lost track of my other courses but I'm back on my feet and ready to give it all I got!
Next semester I have Economics, Calc, Law, and History Through Film which I should be able to achieve an average of 87 (crossing my fingers). I can't assume that I will but I'm strong in those subjects and am prepared to give all I got!
Some things about me
I am a recipient of the 100 and 200 point athlete (Join over 10 teams throughout highschool)
An avid individual who promotes volunteer service
I was honored to have a volunteering experience for a month at Harvard University with a Cancer Scientist
I also contribute to the community by creating small charities
I know that WLU has a student application where you tell somethings about yourself
So am I good enough?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred

@Aliriz56 wrote
My goal is to get admitted into WLU Waterloo Campus for Finance or McMaster for Commerce
and Western Finance
My average right now is a 78 which is definitely not me considering I had chemistry (dropped it). I spent way too much time on it and lost track of my other courses but I'm back on my feet and ready to give it all I got!
Next semester I have Economics, Calc, Law, and History Through Film which I should be able to achieve an average of 87 (crossing my fingers). I can't assume that I will but I'm strong in those subjects and am prepared to give all I got!
Some things about me
I am a recipient of the 100 and 200 point athlete (Join over 10 teams throughout highschool)
I was honored to have a volunteering experience for a month at Harvard University with a Cancer Scientist
I know that WLU has a student application where you tell somethings about yourself
So am I good enough?

You will definitely not get into Waterloo.
You need to have mid-high 90s for Finance/ACcounting at Waterloo. Plus you need to write a math contest and get over 80 on it.
You'll get into McMaster and Western.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aliriz56 Aliriz56

@rightsaidfred wrote

@Aliriz56 wrote
and Western Finance
Some things about me
So am I good enough?

You will definitely not get into Waterloo.
You need to have mid-high 90s for Finance/ACcounting at Waterloo. Plus you need to write a math contest and get over 80 on it.
You'll get into McMaster and Western.

Oh my WLU I meant Wilfred Laurier University, it's located in Waterloo but thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stephcraddock stephcraddock
will i get accepted into uft scarborough?
I want to go for my bachelors degree in english, and hopefully get into teachers college after i accomplish that. The minimum average is mid 70s, and right now I have a 78 average. Im hoping to bump it up to about an 82-85 with my easier classes next semester, but i am still worried.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forcedfeedback forcedfeedback
Will I get accepted to McMaster University for Life Sciences with a 89% average? Last years cut off was an 88% but that's cutting it really close. Anyone have any idea what it will be this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 456ooo456 456ooo456

@stephcraddock wrote
I want to go for my bachelors degree in english, and hopefully get into teachers college after i accomplish that. The minimum average is mid 70s, and right now I have a 78 average. Im hoping to bump it up to about an 82-85 with my easier classes next semester, but i am still worried.

i think you'll be fine with early 80's
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@456ooo456 wrote

@stephcraddock wrote

early 80's? lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 456ooo456 456ooo456

@Joshki wrote

@456ooo456 wrote

@stephcraddock wrote

early 80's? lol

lol, well the question was if they'd get accepted into english (hopefully boosting their average to 82-85) and i said i think they'd be accepted with that average...of early 80's :P since it's a quite competitive mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ps3fanboy25 ps3fanboy25

@stephcraddock wrote

You'll get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0