yconic - Am I the only one who feels this way?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Am I the only one who feels this way?

A photo of AlexB1993 AlexB1993
I'm sick of school and sick of being "assessed in general." I hate quizzes, tests, ISUs, exams, assignments, and all that annoying stuff take requires so much time. I can't wait to finish University and get a god damn job so I can escape from the stress that is Highschool. I'd leave right now but I don't want to flip burgers for the rest of my life so I'll finish Uni.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Tests and crap suck, yeah. I used to feel the same way in high school, wishing I could just fast forward to the working life. But now that I'm about to graduate undergrad, I wish I could stay in school longer. University is a lot of fun and I'm definitely going to miss it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yenstar yenstar
Haha you're not alone, just hang in there!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of catcrazy catcrazy
i thought grade 12 was supposed to be the fun year; instead it is more stressful than ever!!! not only is there more school work to deal with, but you also have to deal with applying to universities and scholarships.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Are you in university, or high school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
How is life after university going to be less stressful? Jobs can be stressful, and now you have to deal with paying taxes and rent (or a mortgage).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of DOV94 DOV94
I hear where you're coming from, but I really don't think Uni will be any easier. Just hang in there dude. It'll all be over soon, and when it is, you'll look back on it all and say "that was so worth it". :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CheyenneS CheyenneS
School sucks, but it's part of life. Everyone has gone through it, and truth is, being judged will never stop. It'll subside, yes, but stop, no. You just need to fugue out a way to not let what others think get to you. It's going to be hard, but you'll be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@inthemaking wrote
Tests and crap suck, yeah. I used to feel the same way in high school, wishing I could just fast forward to the working life. But now that I'm about to graduate undergrad, I wish I could stay in school longer. University is a lot of fun and I'm definitely going to miss it.

Agreed. University is good times.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I know EXACTLY what you mean about tests. They are hardly an evaluation of capability in a subject... if memorization was a class, then yes, tests might come in handy. But seriously, when in life are we not going to have resources to help us through? Maybe a few times... tests. Grr. I could go on and on.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kashtin93 kashtin93
Just think to yourself.. DO you really want to be fliping burgers your whole... Even though you hate school right now just think about all the opportunities you will have after you are finished. It may be difficult now but it will be worth it in the end. Dont give up :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@jacksondevon wrote
I know EXACTLY what you mean about tests. They are hardly an evaluation of capability in a subject... if memorization was a class, then yes, tests might come in handy. But seriously, when in life are we not going to have resources to help us through? Maybe a few times... tests. Grr. I could go on and on.

Closed-book exams really force you to learn the material though. In prepping for open-book exams, people have the tendency to just make shortcuts (e.g. marking relevant pages of your textbook) to getting information rather than learning the material. In real life, you do have to know quite a bit off the top of your head, and then you can use resources whenever needed. Some people are able to do this after studying for open-book exams; however, most people are not. Those people are just able to quickly turn to the right page to find the answer.

As much as I hate them, closed-book exams work best. What I hate about them, though, lies more in the questions typically asked and the style of those questions. Teachers/professors focus too much on making sure their tests have acceptable class averages and not enough on testing important information and how much a student meets the learning and proficiency goals of the course. I could go on and on about that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kat1321 kat1321
School at some point can be really stressfull and overbearing. I'm in my second semester of highschool in my senior year. all of a sudden i was bombarded with ISU's, tests, assignment after assignment. Not to mention everything that is college. I'm talking about reading, looking, thinking, saving, applying, waiting, planning,etc. After school you may have homework, studying, a job, or an extra curricular activity. It is amazing how we students are alive. Highschool isn't all that bad though, you get to meet people, figure out who you want to be, and with what spare time you do have relax or hang with friends. Alot of people think only of what is negative of their school experience that it over shadows what good things are involved.:colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of junerosey junerosey
omg i totally feel that way -_- and i also hate how it's grade 12 that you have to start applying for admissions and scholarships AND get ready for grad. I really wish we coulda split some of the load onto gr 11 where it doesnt matter as much
Was this helpful? Yes 0