yconic - Another what are my chances of getting accepted and general question about western
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Another what are my chances of getting accepted and general question about western

A photo of lisakyl lisakyl
Hi guys,
so right now I have an 87.5 average with my top six marks and probably an 86.7 with all courses.
I applied to Queens Life Science, Western Biological med, and UofT Life Sciences.
What are my chances of getting accepted to these universities?
I checked on the einfo admission average http://electronicinfo.ca/cms/files/en/programs.pdf
and it seems like I have a pretty good shot, but while reading the forums I'm seeing the cutoff is around 87? (western bio)

In additon, does UWO look at your top six or all marks are considered?
Thanks! :)

edit:
Biology: 88/89 < Depending on how I did on a lab.
Chemistry: 86
Functions: 90
Calculus: 91
English: 84
World History: 87
Graphic Design and Printmaking: 81 < Can get back up to a 90 by next term.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

Anyone?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@lisakyl wrote
Anyone?

Every year the cut off seems to be going up. I think the safer number would be 88-89. Everything depends on the quality of the applicants they get. Based on last year's thread , I see a lot of people have got in on 85% but that is early acceptance but not necessarily true for the 2nd and 3rd round cut off. It definately goes up.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the reply :)
I guess I'm just confused since I see people with mid 80s getting early acceptance and I had an 88.5% average in grade 11 and haven't heard from any of the unviersities I applied to... just feel like I'm doing something wrong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

update: just got my marks sent to OUAC :D
my top 6 average got to be an 88 right on the dot.
don't know how much of a difference that .5 makes though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius
Was at Western on 3 days ago , well according to the admission officer last year's cut off was 85.5 and the bulk of the acceptance will come in the final round of offer which is in May. Right now they are sending out offers for the 90+++. So be patient and make sure your top 6 includes the pre req's.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Okay, Thank you for calming my nerves a bit :)
yep the 88 is with the pre req and 1 course since my bio mark went to a 90 :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0