yconic - Anti-Bullying
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anti-Bullying

A photo of simpali simpali
Aparent in the news and in schools, we know that bullying is a problem that effects alot of students. Please post ideas and activities that you have used in your school in both assemblies and classrooms to educate about bullying prevention.:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
38 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I like public humiliation. It stops people from screwing up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TaylorL TaylorL
While public humiliation would work in theory, I was a bit of a bully myself in elementary school and being embarassed is usually what made me react and bully people.
I'd go with class calming/bonding exercices and teaching victims to stand up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Stephan Stephan
I support anti-bullying. STOP BULLYING!:batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TiJak TiJak
I experienced verbal abuse while in junior high and I have to say it was by the preps in the school. I think trying to find methods of making students all feel equal is the best way to deal with bullying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steph1 steph1
When I was in high school we had an entire club committed to stopping biullying from happening in our school. It actually had a very positive impact and within the first couple months of it getting up and running there was a noticable difference in the atmosphere of the school. I was one of the leaders of the club and a lot of what we did was behind the scenes, planning for events. We found that a big part of it was just bringing everyone together and making them feel closer to each other because if you feel closer to someone you are less likely to bully them. We did a lot of pep rallies and school spirit days. Also friendly competitions and things to bring groups of people together like door decorating contests, and food hamper races (also benefiting the other people in the community). A lot of what we did was also one on one. We would decide as a group that say Tuesday was going to be the day that we all went and ate lunch with someone who was eating alone. We made a new friend and it put a smile on their face for the day. Just anything positive to make the kids that are left out feel important works and makes for a happier and more positive atmosphere. The last thing we worked on was stopping bullying by teaching everyone to stand up. Most importantly, but not limited to, the victims because although the victims are the ones that should be saying STOP, they are not always strong enough or confident enough to. SO we taught them to be stronger and not afraid to stand up and we also taught everyone else that it was ok to stand up to a bully, even if you are not the one being bullied.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mariadelmar Mariadelmar
There's no excuse nor justification for any type of bullying. PERIOD.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sarahfeutl sarahfeutl
Get kids more involved with school clubs and projects. The arts in particular seem to have a positive effect on kids. Similarly, sports teams make the kids forced to depend on each other (But these might backfire if one of the kids is really bad and lets in goals and whatnot).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ramananmano ramananmano
I plan doing my best to get students to bond and correlate with each other. I would assign seats to ensure that the students are commingling w/ various classmates. I would get students to work on group projects to enforce teamwork and social skill. The one thing I'd heavily focus on is monitoring the students to ensure there isn't any harassment or bullying occurring within the classroom.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of beckc7820 beckc7820
bullying needs to stop before it gets out of hand.:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of myers85 myers85
I wish the word, "ugly" didn't exsist.
There are so many kids out there just begging for help but no one's listening.
If you're a teacher, please recognize the signs.
Don't be afraid to ask what's wrong as a peer.
Don't be afraid to smile as a stranger.
One simple, "hello" can save a life.
One smile, can make someone's day.
Help me make the world a better place.
Show strangers you care.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NoSaneMan NoSaneMan
I believe a large part of bullying is teachers turning a blind eye to the issue. When i was in school i got things thrown at me in front of my teachers and they didn't do anything. Bullying will stop when teachers start taking more initiative against it too, you can't expect the students to do all the work!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heatherMH heatherMH
I'm all for Anti-Bullying, it can get really bad sometimes. And as for trying to stop it, I know one of the schools that i attended had a 0 Bullying Policy, and it actually worked quite well. If anyone was seen bullying, harassing or bothering others, invading their spaces purposely, etc.. Then actions were taken appropriately according to actions. This may not work in other schools but it was very affective at my school. Nobody should have to put up with the pain and actions because of others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sarah55 Sarah55
Bullying is something that should be taken seriously. I have been bullied in the past and it is key that teachers as well as parents make sure to let their children and students know that they are available for advice or to listen and supply that shoulder to lean on or cry on if that may be. The club idea does work. I was a member to an anti-bullying club at my school and it did make a difference. On our morning announcements once a week we would have scenarios that students would enter their responses of what should be done to solve the situation and we would read some over the announcements, sometimes offering prizes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OhLaura OhLaura
One of the biggest problems with bullying is that people are too afraid to stand up for others. Sometimes it is scary having to stand up for yourself, so I think others need to become aware that as bystanders, they are just as much a part of the bullying!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mleika Mleika
My schools have tried everything to prevent or lower the amounts of bullying incidents but nothing has ever worked effectively. After a few years some bullies grow into kinder people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EBailey EBailey
In grade ten all the kids in that grade were sent to do a "Challenge Day" event. It was basically where we all sat in a room and discussed our feelings. However this happened only after we had played several games and laughed. It was a really good day. It sounds cheesy but everyone had fun even the students you wouldn't think would.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JennyH1993 JennyH1993
In my Jr.High we had lots of Anti-Bullying days but it never seems to change things. Nowadays, bullying makes me laugh. I know it really really hurts but it amuses me to think how pathetic the person doing the bullying really is. If you're an all around nice person, you will come out on top later on in life and will be appreciated more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vedaley vedaley
We need to put a stop to bullying. To many teachers are overlooking this horrible crime.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
an activity where chidren are required to identify emotions could be useful, but of course it needs to be age appropriate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of johntayl586 johntayl586
I think that there needs to be activities where everyone has to work together to make it work! If the bully's and bullied come to terms in this way, then it could make it easier on the students that are having difficulty with bullying! And if bully's are bullied in some way, maybe they need a role model or a mentor? Programs like these could be usedul and effective
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted