yconic - Any acceptances to Mathematics at UW yet?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Any acceptances to Mathematics at UW yet?

A photo of avp avp
I just applied to that program 2 days ago...
and i was wondering if i will get an early acceptance with a grade 11 avg of 88%....
also...i got a 94% in grade 11 functions...
:colors: :colors: :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of TheCatherine TheCatherine
waterloo isnt the type to send EAs for math/CS/engineering...
all my older friends at 'loo told me they got accepted in late april/may
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
For mathematics especially, I believe they wait till after the Euclid marks are in to make the bulk of their decisions, simply because they put enough weight on the Euclid that it really does make a huge difference to them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of martinmathers martinmathers
applied in december and im still waiting...i have pretty high averages but didnt do so well on the CSMC. got 44/60...gotta kick Euclid's ass in april!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
does anybody kno the cutoff for this program last year? I have a feeling its a bit above low 80s :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jhoang jhoang
I was accepted into their honours mathematics program in early December
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of avp avp
jhoang...may i know...if you don't minds of course...what was ur Grade 11 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jhoang jhoang
93. But I also had advanced functions and 4U english completed when I applied
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of martinmathers martinmathers
do grade 11 marks really matter? because i also had advanced functions (99%) and grade 12 physics (91%) completed when i applied but i didnt have any grade 11 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
TheCatherine: Entirely false. I recall getting my early acceptance to Honours Math in early January, having applied in late December. Granted, my marks were pretty high, and I had already completed the equivalent of advanced functions.

Your grade 11 marks really only matter for early acceptances and for important courses to be completed in June, so they can compare your midterm performance to past performance. Completing grade 12 courses in grade 11 with good grades helps a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0