yconic - Any early acceptances into biomedical sciences at u of ottawa?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Any early acceptances into biomedical sciences at u of ottawa?

A photo of infantis infantis
Got my first acceptance today at 10:01am for BSc Honours Biomedical? Any one else get in? Post your averages, im curious because my grade 11 marks weren't that great.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of raymondkhanano77 raymondkhanano77
Nope! I applied the very first day I got my pin to the same program. I'm waiting on Ottawa, Mac, and UTM; however, I got my first offer from Waterloo last Friday :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of winning winning

@infantis wrote
Got my first acceptance today at 10:01am for BSc Honours Biomedical? Any one else get in? Post your averages, im curious because my grade 11 marks weren't that great.

when did you send in your transcript to ottawa?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@winning wrote

@infantis wrote

OUAC does it all for you. They're waiting on Grade 12 finals for me though, but all Ontario schools send marks to the OUAC database automatically. Right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@raymondkhanano77 wrote

@winning wrote

@infantis wrote

OUAC does it all for you. They're waiting on Grade 12 finals for me though, but all Ontario schools send marks to the OUAC database automatically. Right?

Oh- sorry I'm from NS and I guess I had to do it differently.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Why there are so many early acceptances for science programs...anyone know about business programs? I had high 90s average in grade 11 and now imm still waiting for Ottawa...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of infantis infantis
My midterms were not submitted from this year, so I'm assuming they used my grade eleven marks. I applied on november 11. My marks were:
96% in fitness
95% in english
83% in math
82% in physics
92% in biology
86% in chemistry
94% in religion
92% in data (MDM 4U)
88% in ENG 4U
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote
Why there are so many early acceptances for science programs...anyone know about business programs? I had high 90s average in grade 11 and now imm still waiting for Ottawa...

I applied to poli sci with a grade 11 average of 95.4% and I haven't heard back yet :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Inception613 Inception613
I'm still waiting from them, but I got accepted to Carleton today :)
Edit: got accepted into Biomed Dec. 18, 2011
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mas40 Mas40

@winning wrote

@Joshki wrote

I applied to poli sci with a grade 11 average of 95.4% and I haven't heard back yet :(

hey
When did you apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mas40 Mas40

@Inception613 wrote

hey

congrats!
when did you apply to ottawau biomed? and what was your grade 11 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hmmm... I'm starting to get worried. A few of my friends have already been accepted to Ottawa, but for different programs. I applied to biomed with a 90 average in grade 11, will I get in with early admission?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sciencegirlxxx sciencegirlxxx
I was accepted to Biomed on Dec. 19 and just got my letter yesterday in the mail.
My average was 90% in grade 11
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mas40 Mas40

@sciencegirlxxx wrote
I was accepted to Biomed on Dec. 19 and just got my letter yesterday in the mail.
My average was 90% in grade 11

congrats!
when did you apply?

im still waiting on acceptance from ottawa, but i applied on nov. 25
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JustanIBstudent JustanIBstudent

@raymondkhanano77 wrote
Hmmm... I'm starting to get worried. A few of my friends have already been accepted to Ottawa, but for different programs. I applied to biomed with a 90 average in grade 11, will I get in with early admission?

I applied to Ottawa Biomed on January 1st and got accepted on January 5th. I had a 95 average in grade 11, which included grade 12 courses (97 in grade 12 bio, 98 in Calc, 93 in English). I think its just random though, I see that you've been accepted into Waterloo Life Sciences. I applied there on December 24th and havent gotten any reply back. I have no idea what they base their admission off of. Goodluck though. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Inception613 Inception613

@Mas40 wrote

@Inception613 wrote

hey

congrats!
when did you apply to ottawau biomed? and what was your grade 11 average?

Hey! I applied on Nov. 25th and I had a 90% average in grade 11 (I think, otherwise I got an extra $4000 for nothing LOL)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DntMessWitRohan DntMessWitRohan
Got accepted as well! Check out my post here containing averages and other info: http://www.studentawards.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=11545
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jaydee404 jaydee404
[size=4]Also accepted the week before Christmas, even though I was super late applying! 8D
$16,000 scholarship, too.

I’m doing an extra year of high school, but my top six average is somewhere in the low nineties (93, maybe?), and my grade 11 average was 96%.

Also, is anyone else doing the Extended French stream?
[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of majid01 majid01

@jaydee404 wrote
[size=4]Also accepted the week before Christmas, even though I was super late applying! 8D
$16,000 scholarship, too.

I’m doing an extra year of high school, but my top six average is somewhere in the low nineties (93, maybe?), and my grade 11 average was 96%.

Also, is anyone else doing the Extended French stream?
[/size]

I'm also looking at applying for biomedical in the French stream at U of O. How come you got that 16 000 scholarship if your average was 93? Also, need anything special for biomedical honours? I'm finishing grade 11 and already have a couple of grade 12 in. I got 95 in French 30 and 85-90 in bio 30. Also, I did French 31 AP and got 100% in it. Will they consider that? I live in Calgary and don't really want to go to U of C but money IS an issue so I would save money by staying home, but you know, becoming independent and living alone seems interesting and a good life experience. Any ideas? Think I will be accepted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RKmt RKmt
I got accepted like 2 days after I applied in really early December. I had a 97% average in grade 11, but first semester grade 12 is more like a 95. Still, 16 000 is wonderful!
I waaaas planning on doing extended french, but I'm sorta chickening out...dunno whether I'll be able to do all the technical stuff since I only did immersion til Grade 8 and did core the whole way through highschool.
Anybody submitted residence stuff yet? Stupid that you have to send it via snail mail :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0