yconic - Any suggestions for Category B electives for 1st year UWO?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Any suggestions for Category B electives for 1st year UWO?

A photo of Angiem Angiem
The only one I can think of is Classical studies but I have heard Prof Brown puts random questions on the exam, other Prof is Olson, did anybody take her class? How about Languages, is good idea to take any language? I don't know any other than English? How about Woman's studies? Any suggestions please I have to register tomorrow..
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@Angiem wrote
The only one I can think of is Classical studies but I have heard Prof Brown puts random questions on the exam, other Prof is Olson, did anybody take her class? How about Languages, is good idea to take any language? I don't know any other than English? How about Woman's studies? Any suggestions please I have to register tomorrow..

I'm pretty sure the exam for classical studies will be the same regardless of which section/professor you have.

If you're going to SAO tomorrow then they'll give you suggestions. A language is a good idea to take if you're interested in taking one, if you don't want to learn the language don't take a course in it.

Try looking at the first year philosophy courses. Or take a category A elective first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Angiem Angiem
Thanks JNBirDy. I am going to Health Sciences with AEO status. I have to choose 3 credits of electives. I already chosen Category A and C courses. I want to finish all three categories in first year and because of AEO I have to keep high average. None of category B courses interest me so I am looking for any course that would be easy and would give me good marks. I am wondering how beginner language classes are for marks, I would take any language if I get good marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JNBirDy JNBirDy

@Angiem wrote
Thanks JNBirDy. I am going to Health Sciences with AEO status. I have to choose 3 credits of electives. I already chosen Category A and C courses. I want to finish all three categories in first year and because of AEO I have to keep high average. None of category B courses interest me so I am looking for any course that would be easy and would give me good marks. I am wondering how beginner language classes are for marks, I would take any language if I get good marks.

The introductory language courses aren't very difficult. For example, I took Arabic during first year and we spent almost the entire first semester learning the alphabet and words. BUT, during second semester when we started to get into the grammar of the language I found myself extremely bored and unmotivated. I ended up with a pretty lousy mark.

So my advice is to find a language that you actually have some interest in learning and you will definitely get over 80%.

http://www.uwo.ca/modlang/Courses/index%202011.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0