yconic - Any word about acceptances?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Any word about acceptances?

A photo of jellybro jellybro
So a lot of people around me having been getting accepted lately and I'm seriously starting to have doubts about myself. I've applied to:

MAC - Engineering (1)
UOFT - Electrical Engineering
Waterloo and western for electrical as well (Waterloo and MAC are both co-op). My first term marks weren't that great... but they are:

ENG4UA - 83
MHF4U1 - 90
SPH4U1 - 80
TGJ4M1 - 93
ICS4U1 - 82

Predicted next semester:

MCV4U1 - 87-90 (Planning to work my ass off)
SCH4U1 - 88-90
HZT4U1 - 94-96
And I have a spare this semester.

I was just wondering what are the choices that I am looking at and what is my position? It's been stressing lately and my parents putting more stress on me hasn't been making it any better. Any advice would be nice.

By the way: AIF - Semi done
SPF - Submitted (Deadline passed)

I have a pretty decent amount of EC's, like around 8-10 that demonstrate leadership and engineering skills and around 1 award that's related to engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of 067978791 067978791

@jellybro wrote
So a lot of people around me having been getting accepted lately and I'm seriously starting to have doubts about myself. I've applied to:

MAC - Engineering (1)
Waterloo and western for electrical as well (Waterloo and MAC are both co-op). My first term marks weren't that great... but they are:

ENG4UA - 83
MHF4U1 - 90
SPH4U1 - 80
TGJ4M1 - 93
ICS4U1 - 82

Predicted next semester:

SCH4U1 - 88-90
HZT4U1 - 94-96

I was just wondering what are the choices that I am looking at and what is my position? It's been stressing lately and my parents putting more stress on me hasn't been making it any better. Any advice would be nice.

I have a pretty decent amount of EC's, like around 8-10 that demonstrate leadership and engineering skills and around 1 award that's related to engineering.

Your lucky you got Computer Science 12 in school. I had to take it in virtual school cus my school didnt offer it. We used Actionscript, i wish i could have learned C++.

Anyways, your marks are good you should get acceptances after mid-term, for sure. I know that McMaster has sent out some acceptances for Engineering and Waterloo sent out about 40% just today. Just make sure that you finish your AIF as soon as possible.

Also if you get time, find someone to edit your AIF maybe someone you know who has gone to Waterloo Engineering or one of your teachers. It could really help strengthen your responses.

When i was applying to waterloo i used this as a basis to start thinking about what to write for my Educational Goals you can take a look at it: http://www.essayforum.com/undergraduate-admission-2/computer-science-admission-university-waterloo-aif-27334/.

Good Luck! :thumright
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@067978791 wrote

@jellybro wrote

MAC - Engineering (1)

ENG4UA - 83
MHF4U1 - 90
SPH4U1 - 80
TGJ4M1 - 93
ICS4U1 - 82

Predicted next semester:

SCH4U1 - 88-90
HZT4U1 - 94-96

Your lucky you got Computer Science 12 in school. I had to take it in virtual school cus my school didnt offer it. We used Actionscript, i wish i could have learned C++.

Anyways, your marks are good you should get acceptances after mid-term, for sure. I know that McMaster has sent out some acceptances for Engineering and Waterloo sent out about 40% just today. Just make sure that you finish your AIF as soon as possible.

Also if you get time, find someone to edit your AIF maybe someone you know who has gone to Waterloo Engineering or one of your teachers. It could really help strengthen your responses.

When i was applying to waterloo i used this as a basis to start thinking about what to write for my Educational Goals you can take a look at it: http://www.essayforum.com/undergraduate-admission-2/computer-science-admission-university-waterloo-aif-27334/.

Great response, tons of detail. However, I'm seriously starting to doubt the MAC 40 % offers sent out because I just read on twitter that they haven't even sent out many of their offers into late february/early march (In a week maybe). However you're right about waterloo, I just got an email from them. My friend was accepted with around an 89 and 2 p school courses, so the chances of me getting into waterloo at midterm with like an 87-88 is fairly good. Anyways, I'll use the site you gave me as it looks like a great resource. Thank you.

If any one has any other responses, post away!

Oh yeah and about computer science, it wasn't that interesting when I took it at my school since everything was so different. How does your virtual course work? We didn't learn that much either, only Java.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

also if any one has been accepted to mac engineering (1), if you don't mind, can you please tell us your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
My Grade 11 average was around a 93. :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 067978791 067978791

@jellybro wrote

@067978791 wrote

@jellybro wrote

MAC - Engineering (1)

ENG4UA - 83
MHF4U1 - 90
SPH4U1 - 80
TGJ4M1 - 93
ICS4U1 - 82

Predicted next semester:

SCH4U1 - 88-90
HZT4U1 - 94-96

Great response, tons of detail. However, I'm seriously starting to doubt the MAC 40 % offers sent out because I just read on twitter that they haven't even sent out many of their offers into late february/early march (In a week maybe). However you're right about waterloo, I just got an email from them. My friend was accepted with around an 89 and 2 p school courses, so the chances of me getting into waterloo at midterm with like an 87-88 is fairly good. Anyways, I'll use the site you gave me as it looks like a great resource. Thank you.

If any one has any other responses, post away!

Oh yeah and about computer science, it wasn't that interesting when I took it at my school since everything was so different. How does your virtual course work? We didn't learn that much either, only Java.

oops, i meant to say McMaster sent some acceptances. While Waterloo sent out 40%, sorry about the confusion.

I got accepted to McMaster Eng I and i had a first semester average of 91.6%.

First Semester:
MHF4U1 - 95%
SCH4U1 - 90%
SPH4U1 - 90%

Courses I took in Gr 11:
MDM4U1 - 91%
ICS4U= - 91%

Was this helpful? Yes 0