yconic - Anyone accepted to UBC engineering yet?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone accepted to UBC engineering yet?

A photo of Flooks Flooks
Ahhhh why is the engineering faculty so slow at decisions... alot of other programs have given acceptances already, HURRY UP >.<

has anyone got accepted/declined/heard updates?

/end rant <_>
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Hug Hug
Are u a BC student? because I already got accepted from UBC engineering on the April 20th.
I think the cutoff for this year is around 89% because one of my friend who got 88.50% didnt get in and the other one who got 89.75% got in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Apeng Apeng
I am a BC student and I got in on April 20th.
:cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
ahh dam u BC students >.<, i have a 83 average, so maybe they're just taking their time looking at my supplemental, hopefully they'll decide by the end of this week *fingers crossed*

but the thing is, my friend last year came from the same city as me, and he got in with a 81% with a okay supplemental in march! Plus, he was in partial AP program, and im in partial IB (IB>AP), so maybe my IB rep will bring me up a little? I mean i doubt the average between last year and this year is ganna change that much, id say maximum of 2% for the cutoff.

and yeah there was an article explaining why Alberta students got an extra 2% entrance average when applying to UBC and blah blah..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
It's the graduate exams.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
vega:yeah the diplomas are harsh...

yup, my other friend just got in with 84 and he goes to my school

im just worried about my english, i submitted with a 62 in english, other than that, every other mark is low 90s or high 80s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of christinee123 christinee123
your friend got in to UBC ENGINEERING?? with 84% average?

I still haven't gotten mine.. the status says that they're reviewing my supplemental applications.. so I'm not sure.. I'm from Alberta..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
yup... he said his supplemental was okay, he got in actually april 2nd because he sent in his marks BEFORE the spring interim report card. I was pretty sure they said on ssc that it had to the be the spring interim report card, but idk maybe earlier is better?

also i know a friend who got in last year with a 81, and he sent in his term 1 marks, he was admitted in freaking feb...

gawd why is our decisions so late?
Was this helpful? Yes 0