yconic - anyone accepted/rejected from rotman?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

anyone accepted/rejected from rotman?

A photo of hjryu93 hjryu93
I got a letter home saying that I got rejected, not deferred, rejected
from rotman commerce because I didn't meet the requirements.

I have 91% midterm avg with a pretty decent essay (well i guess im not in the position
to judge that lool) but the reason why they rejected me was cuz my eng12 mark was too low
(im 105 student living in bc)my calculus mark is 100% and i thought my eng mark
would be overlooked since my calc mark is high as in can get..

the letter was dated april 18th and on my status, it said
they recieved my math 12 mark(97%) on april 21st and they still havent
recieved my calc mark yet..so basically they made a decision based on my
eng mark and two other courses..

does this sound weird to me only or is this normal?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
May we know what's your english mark? Rotman looks at calculus and english most and if your englush mark is decent, you can call them and ask them to review it again.
Mines still saying Pending Review...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scribbles scribbles
If your eng mark is pretty low, then I suppose it isn't too surprising that you would get rejected, seeing as it seems that Rotman places the most weight on calc AND eng, not calc OR eng :S 100% in calc (this is amazing btw...) and a low mark in eng suggests imbalance, and I think business programs generally look for balance in applicants.

I got accepted last month with an 89% avg. 90% in math, 93% in eng. One of my friends was accepted two weeks ago with marks lower than mine, so I'm guessing the cause is your english mark. If you want confirmation, like slowwy suggested, call them and ask them for clarification. You never know, perhaps it's a mistake on their part! Good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@scribbles wrote
If your eng mark is pretty low, then I suppose it isn't too surprising that you would get rejected, seeing as it seems that Rotman places the most weight on calc AND eng, not calc OR eng :S 100% in calc (this is amazing btw...) and a low mark in eng suggests imbalance, and I think business programs generally look for balance in applicants.

I got accepted last month with an 89% avg. 90% in math, 93% in eng. One of my friends was accepted two weeks ago with marks lower than mine, so I'm guessing the cause is your english mark. If you want confirmation, like slowwy suggested, call them and ask them for clarification. You never know, perhaps it's a mistake on their part! Good luck :)

are you from out of province?cuz i have a 92 avg with 93 in eng and 92 in calc and i have yet to receive an offer :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca
lots of fobs applied to rotman..
and many of them got above 95% on both cal and math, if u dont have a decent english mark, then u prob wont stand out ..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of scribbles scribbles

@Slowwy wrote

@scribbles wrote

are you from out of province?cuz i have a 92 avg with 93 in eng and 92 in calc and i have yet to receive an offer :(

I'm from BC :)
I'm also in the IB program, which is why my avg is slightly lower than most :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
You should call them just to make sure!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aaronfly Aaronfly
I got accepted from Rotman with an average 96%.(English 92% Calculus 98%). I'm a student from BC. Does anyone receive scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jtsai jtsai
What was your English mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0