yconic - Anyone Applying at Trinity Western University??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone Applying at Trinity Western University??

A photo of MicaylaG MicaylaG
Just wondering if anyone else is applying to Trinity Western University. :bounce: What program are you thinking of doing?
PS. If you're debating, their preview weekend is awesome for checking it out. Just a thought.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of prmly prmly
I applied because it was free. I'm not Christian or religious so it was sort of a waste of 15 minutes lol. They sent me a handwritten Christmas card and are trying to coerce me into sending my transcripts over but wow, I really don't want to go there.

Not to mention, it's 19k alone per year just for tuition. Yeah, I'm going to get scholarships and things but still..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@prmly wrote
Not to mention, it's 19k alone per year just for tuition

Are you serious? What the hell...no one outside of the mainland has even heard of it.

And I heard you have to take a vow against sex and drugs when you get there. Lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@Zion wrote

@prmly wrote
Not to mention, it's 19k alone per year just for tuition

Are you serious? What the hell...no one outside of the mainland has even heard of it.

And I heard you have to take a vow against sex and drugs when you get there. Lol.

They came to my school for an info session and it's expensive as hell to attend. Although, if you have good enough grades, they'll offer you some wicked $$$.

When I was in Oregon for a Shakespeare Festival, a young woman sitting behind me was from Seattle and she went to Trinity Western for her undergrad in engineering. She now works for Boeing. Not too shabby, I guess. Plenty of American Christians from Washington attend, but yeah, I agree with your sentiment of it being a fairly unknown school.

There are some other rules like men having to have their hair cut above their ears or something to prevent them from looking shaggy. I don't even know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ovaltinerox ovaltinerox

@MicaylaG wrote
Just wondering if anyone else is applying to Trinity Western University. :bounce: What program are you thinking of doing?
PS. If you're debating, their preview weekend is awesome for checking it out. Just a thought.

I heard Trinity Western is great!! I'm actually thinking of applying when I'm in grade 12. Everything's great, especially the people :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@prmly wrote
There are some other rules like men having to have their hair cut above their ears or something to prevent them from looking shaggy. I don't even know.

JESUS HAD SHAGGY HAIR. Do they dare insult their savior?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@Zion wrote

@prmly wrote

JESUS HAD SHAGGY HAIR. Do they dare insult their savior?

Jesus also went around touching people, as to heal them.

Does that mean they can go around touching people, too?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted