yconic - Anyone applying to Game development/Computer Security
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone applying to Game development/Computer Security

A photo of raptors12 raptors12
Well just checking if anyone has applied to game development or computer security/networking/it. I know 2 unis that are offering standalone programs for game development under computer science; which are UOIT and Carleton. So just wondering if any fellow forumers have applied to any of these and what they are using for their top 6.

For me I at first wanted to apply for engineering but me not liking science I gave up on that; and since I am interested in gaming have decided to apply for game development/IT.

For my top 6 I am using:
-English
-Adv Functions
-Calculus
-Data Management
-Philosophy
-World Issues/History
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of RobertHogg RobertHogg
McMaster has a Software Engineering (Game Design) B. Eng. program program, and Algoma has a Computer Games specialization in their computer science program. It's worth noting though that UOIT's games program isn't actually a computer science program - it's called "Game Development and Entrepeneurship" and it is a supposedly a very business-y program.

I applied to Carleton and McMaster's games programs and got early acceptance about 4 or 5 days after I submitted my application.

Top 6:

English
Science (M-level)
Adv. Functions
Data Management
Calculus
Phsyics or Chemistry, whichever I do better in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0