yconic - Anyone commuting to UTSG?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone commuting to UTSG?

A photo of zegirl zegirl
Any UofT St. George commuters? I'm sorta depressed about not living on campus. :( Can people tell me the benefits of commuting? Also, by what means are you getting there (bus, subway)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Sorry for being a downer, but I can't think of any significant benefits to commuting. Most people justify commuting by pointing to the costs they'll be saving, but the funny thing about that is that the government of Ontario actually gives students free money--in grants and bursaries--for living on campus, if they qualify for OSAP and can prove that they live far away enough to warrant living away from home. Assuming your commute is fairly long--over an hour, let's say--you'll probably save only about a year's worth of tuition* by commuting for four years.

[size=3]*Figures based on several of my friends' commuting costs and OSAP funding from a few years ago. [/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0