yconic - Anyone else get a call from a UofT engineering student?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone else get a call from a UofT engineering student?

A photo of tom1nat0r tom1nat0r
A UofT student called my house a while ago but I wasn't able to answer since I wasn't home. Anyone else get a phone call? What do you think the phone call meant?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of redadeco redadeco
Yo Guys,

Unlike you I was at home at that moment, indeed he asked me about my extracurricular activaties and whether I have some further queries abt the program. He ended the call with this : A DECISION WILL BE MADE SOON :)

That's all
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
Haha yeah, I was at school but my mom answered the phone. I think they just called to answer any question we might have had.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jopet Jopet
I got one too and the girl was really nice! I could've swore she was beginning to flirt with me!!! (You know I'm kidding!)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KJ9234 KJ9234
I got a call as well... It was a first year student, and she just asked me if I had any questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of queens queens
Wonder what is the purpose of the call?

1) To verify your SPF that the administrator has questions, but they should put it in an email or on the application portal for an official documentation

2) Make sure you are providing correct contact or you're there at the phone

It seems to me that the call has nothing to do with the admission criteria and assessment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CanadaBoy CanadaBoy
Calm down guys. The call was just part of recruiting for the University. First year students are paid/volunteer to call applicants to school and answer any questions as applicants tend to feel more comfortable talking to them versus an official.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny
Yea I got the same call, it was a student from second year studying the same program I applied for (ECE). So I just asked a few questions, but it was really random and I felt like I had more questions to ask so they gave me a number to call back if I had more questions. 416 978 3872
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joansmith Joansmith
Do you guys get admitted after the call from U of T Eng student?

My cousin (applied for engsci with 90+ average, his math final mark was 100, for god sack, how could it be possible? ) and his classmate (applied for industrial with 75+ average), both are out of province, also received call from UT Eng Student last Sunday? But they didn't get accepted yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of redadeco redadeco

@Joansmith wrote
Do you guys get admitted after the call from U of T Eng student?

My cousin (applied for engsci with 90+ average, his math final mark was 100, for god sack, how could it be possible? ) and his classmate (applied for industrial with 75+ average), both are out of province, also received call from UT Eng Student last Sunday? But they didn't get accepted yet.

Tell him not to worry cuz' I received that call and I'm still waiting a decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of civilboy civilboy
my mom picked up the phone thought it was a package telemarketer so she hung up hahaha
Was this helpful? Yes 0