yconic - Anyone get in to UTSC yet?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone get in to UTSC yet?

A photo of Bscit Bscit
I think there is something wrong with UTSC this year. UTSG is the better campus but UTSG is already accepting people even with low averages (they want low 80s for CS and are taking some people with 83c etc).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of cometmars cometmars
I haven't gotten in either. I applied to UTSC, UTSG for CS, neither have gotten back to me. I have an average that is much higher than the requirement. However, my course levels on OUAC were messed up. I think that's the reason that I haven't gotten my acceptance.

They had some "Showcase" event yesterday, did you go there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous12 Anonymous12
Yeah it's weird. I got accepted to UTSG for computer science (average they calculated was 86.8%). I'm shocked that that average got me into a university with a rank of 10th in the world for computer science. For some reason their requirements are really low. And the professor at UTSC said accepting people late are normal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Admission averages shouldn't really be an indicator for the difficulty of the school, U of T has 3 campuses and can provide accommodation to more students than other Universities. Sure it's not overly difficult to gain admission, but it's definitely not a walk in the park once you begin your undergraduate studies, which will prove to be challenging no matter what program you go into at U of T.

Hard work will get you far, simple as that. My friend whose at UTM had one of his buddies who went to some private school fail first year Commerce. My friend and all his Life Sci friends had pretty decent averages from High School but they soon found out that non of that even mattered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cometmars cometmars
I just checked http://join.utoronto.ca/ and it says I have gotten admitted to CS at UTSC and UTSG. I didn't get an e-mail nor has OUAC changed.

@Anonymous12 wrote
Yeah it's weird. I got accepted to UTSG for computer science (average they calculated was 86.8%). I'm shocked that that average got me into a university with a rank of 10th in the world for computer science. For some reason their requirements are really low. And the professor at UTSC said accepting people late are normal.

Where do you find the average that they calculated?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JohnC JohnC
check ur application, I got mine yesterday

https://join.utoronto.ca/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Wow nvm. I got mine today.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted