yconic - Anyone got into Engineering Programs at UT? How much scholarship?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone got into Engineering Programs at UT? How much scholarship?

A photo of Apeng Apeng
[size=7]Hey, did anyone receive an offer of admission to engineering programs at University of Toronto? If you did, how much scholarship did UT offer you :money: [/size]

I just received an offer for TrackOne, but it did not mention any scholarships.:pale:

Was this helpful? Yes 0
26 replies

A photo of Apeng Apeng
Bump :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
I applied to Track One as well, haven't heard anything yet though. Congratulations on the acceptance!! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bambam bambam
also applied to trackone, haven't heard anything. Do you mind sharing what marks you got in with? I have an 89 average so I'm just hoping its enough for trackone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Apeng Apeng

@steele wrote
I applied to Track One as well, haven't heard anything yet though. Congratulations on the acceptance!! :)

Thank you very much! :cheers:

@bambam wrote
also applied to trackone, haven't heard anything. Do you mind sharing what marks you got in with? I have an 89 average so I'm just hoping its enough for trackone.

I have an average of 93%. :clown:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@bambam wrote

When I went to the March Break Engineering Applicant Event on Saturday, they said that the cut-off for Trackone was going to be high 80's (88, I think). Even if you don't get into Trackone (though I'd think that an 89 has a better shot than most!), they'll still probably offer you your second or third choice.

That info about cut-offs surprised me, I didn't think Trackone was so competitive. However, once they mentioned that only 175 people get into the program, it made a bit more sense. Also, I'm pretty sure I heard someone say that only EngSci had a higher cut-off than Trackone...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Apeng Apeng

@steele wrote
they mentioned that only 175 people get into the program, it made a bit more sense.

Only 175 people get into TrackOne? Are u sure:!:

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
A couple of my friends applied to Eng Sci and on the Utor portal, their application has been changed to Their second choices - it no longer says Eng Sci. THey have solid 90 averages and are worried - does anyone know whats wrong?>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Apeng Apeng

@immaculatedx wrote
A couple of my friends applied to Eng Sci and on the Utor portal, their application has been changed to Their second choices - it no longer says Eng Sci. THey have solid 90 averages and are worried - does anyone know whats wrong?>

Engineering science is the hardest engineering program in UT. You got to have a pretty darn high x 10 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emmajane emmajane
Congrats everyone! Got into Track One last night. It was just on OUAC and the Join U of T portal thing so I don't know about a scholarship, but I have a 92.5 so I'm thinking that I'll get the President's entrance scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@Apeng wrote

@steele wrote
they mentioned that only 175 people get into the program, it made a bit more sense.

Unless I'm confusing that number with something else... I'm pretty it was said at the info session that ~175 got in, though they said the number fluctuates from year to year (can be 200+).

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FourthYearEngSci FourthYearEngSci

@steele wrote

@Apeng wrote

@steele wrote

Unless I'm confusing that number with something else... I'm pretty it was said at the info session that ~175 got in, though they said the number fluctuates from year to year (can be 200+).

Currently there are 200+ students in TrackOne. However, that was an unexpectedly high number (last year the Faculty as a whole overshot their target by about 100 students). They are attempting to reduce TrackOne's numbers to make it easier to manage, so the 175 figure is correct, although it might even be less than that in the end.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smandair smandair
Got in for Civil. $3000 scholarship. 89% average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of queens queens
Anyone got any scholarships from u of T engsci? and what are your admitted average ? I just want to get some more feel about the distribution.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of malionette malionette
I was accepted into Electrical Engineering for $6500... ~95% average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stanley Stanley
Got accepted into engsci with $5000 and I have an average of 98. I don't think I'm going to U of T though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
I had a 94% in the pre reqs, got a $2500 scholarship. I guess my EC's weren't very good or something... :P

edit: for trackone
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of queens queens

@Stanley wrote
Got accepted into engsci with $5000 and I have an average of 98. I don't think I'm going to U of T though.

Stanley,

Why not choosing UofT, you got a better offer/scholarship from a better program ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stanley Stanley
Yeah I got much more money from Waterloo...and compared to engineering, I like math more
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joansmith Joansmith
$5000
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of christinee123 christinee123
does anybody know the cut off mark for chemical engineering??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gkc gkc
I got accepted at University of Waterloo, McGill, and UBC for chemical engineering. I am still waiting for my accpetance at U of Toronto. When does Toronto sends out admission decisions? I heard that it is ranked 14th in the world for chemical engineering, but Waterloo's co-op is good too. So which uni should I go to? I am a hard working student and I don't care about how difficult a university is. I am really confused. Also, money is no issue and I'm getting scholarships from all the universities that I got accepted in. So PLEASE HELP ME IN DECIDING!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of christice christice
got into engsci with a $5000 scholarship
my average is 97
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of groovy3000 groovy3000
I got an alternate offer to mineral engineering (it was my fifth choice) with a $10,000 scholarship. my average is 91.5
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IronMan IronMan

@christice wrote
got into engsci with a $5000 scholarship
my average is 97

Hey Christice, I am an international student and I ve applied to UofT engineering science too but my status changed from not yet reviewed to under review two weeks ago and I still haven't got any decison! could you pleased tell me how much time did it take for your status to change from under review to decison made? I am really worried it is May,10 and I guess there would be no place left and also I may not receive any scolarship even if I have a 4.00/4.00 GPA. Thanks in advance!

:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0