yconic - Anyone like horse riding?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone like horse riding?

A photo of norcorider norcorider
Anyone like horse riding?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of ericaflak ericaflak
yes I do. 13 years of riding
Was this helpful? Yes 0

english or western?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
I rode for 5 years.

English (hunter).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DiddlySquat DiddlySquat
No, but I thoroughly enjoy being ridden like a horse.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Narwhal Narwhal
I like horseback riding, but sadly I don't get to do it often xP
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
no.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smokelky smokelky
I absolutely love riding horses. I rode western for three years then fell in love with english. I competed a year in the hunters followed by a year of dressage then into the jumper ring for a number of years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ngoncalves100 ngoncalves100
yes, i love horseback riding... however, i dont get to do it very often.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sinkeepumpkin sinkeepumpkin
"No, but I thoroughly enjoy being ridden like a horse."

*Big sigh* That was bound to come up with that kind of question...
Yes. Love it. Too bad I can't ride to school. Way better for the environment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ckennard ckennard
YES!! Riding is like my life almost. I only have been riding for 7 years and my family owns two large ponies. I ride western and I have competed in Barrel Racing and Cattle Penning. This year I am in University and I have been taking lessons through their equestrian club in hunter. They are also having a polo clinic and driving clinic as well as parelli. With my horses I have trained them using Parelli natural horsemanship and i love it!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@smokelky wrote
I absolutely love riding horses. I rode western for three years then fell in love with english. I competed a year in the hunters followed by a year of dressage then into the jumper ring for a number of years.

Sounds like fun!! I owned a horse for 7 years and rode her english every summer just around home. I set up some cross country jumps and had a lot of fun with that. Unfortunately I had to sell her this past fall because I don't have time to ride anymore.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DiddlySquat DiddlySquat

@norcorider wrote

@smokelky wrote

Sounds like fun!! I owned a horse for 7 years and rode her english every summer just around home. I set up some cross country jumps and had a lot of fun with that. Unfortunately I had to sell her this past fall because I don't have time to ride anymore.

^^^Sounds kinky.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Penguineer Penguineer
Im going on 7 years in the spring, I do hunters with my horse.
Im going to miss it when i go to school, I want to join a school team but I doubt I'll have enough time. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KellyandAchoo KellyandAchoo
I love riding horses. I own 3 horses and one donkey :) I have fully trained 2 horses. (of my own) I have been riding for 8 years and owned horses all my life. I used to ride hunter (showed to 2'9) but now I am training for eventing, on my retrained pacing standardbred. I have also been luck enoguh to ride a grand prix horse, only twice though we jumped up to 3'9 with a 4 foot spread, he was a nice horse!!! Not mine though, although i do wish he was!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of May12 May12
I have been riding english for over 11years now, and I have ridden western since I could walk. I own 3 horses, all of which I have trained/retrained myself. One previously trained for racing but his legs weren't mature enough for him to actually race. So I bought him and retrained him for a year, then we competed together in Hunter Jumper for a summer. When I first started retraining him I was told he would never jump over 1ft because of the way he is built, we ended up jumping 4ft by the end of our second summer together. My second horse I bought untouched, untrained and uncatchable, a year a go at age 4. Now him and I will be showing as a starter in hunter. My third horse I bought started undersadle as a project horse. I was hoping to use him to start into Dressage, but my dad fell in love with him so I ended up training him for trail and western pleasure. He is now used as a trail horse and is call "My Beer Hauler".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
No Camels are a more sufficient method, I know from personal experience!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@Qq wrote
No Camels are a more sufficient method, I know from personal experience!

lol sufficient for what? ...or do you mean efficient?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AimForTheStars AimForTheStars
Nope...allergic to horses(n)
Was this helpful? Yes 0