yconic - anyone studying nursing at UWO?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

anyone studying nursing at UWO?

A photo of hlk1522 hlk1522
iwas wondering how the program is like in uwo..
are they having a writing course?
im going to apply at york,ryerson,ottawa and mcmaster.. maybe..

for uwo, do u think they will accept students in low 80's? or mid 80's??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Victorinox Victorinox
Hi, I'm not studying nursing at Western, but in their pamphlet this year it does say that the nursing program admission average is mid to high 80s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I'd say high 80's would be a safe average. Mid is kinda ehh.

Also, right now I am not taking a writing course, and do not have to unless I choose to as an elective.

BUT, I do know they are changing the curriculum around a bit, or a lot. And a rumor is that they're making a writing course. By rumor i mean probably but not 100% true
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hlk1522 hlk1522

@cosstickxx wrote
I'd say high 80's would be a safe average. Mid is kinda ehh.

Also, right now I am not taking a writing course, and do not have to unless I choose to as an elective.

BUT, I do know they are changing the curriculum around a bit, or a lot. And a rumor is that they're making a writing course. By rumor i mean probably but not 100% true

I asked and they said the writing program will be a mendatory course for those who are entering from 2012 :( i wonder if it will get difficult.. btw.. i sent u a message!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi,

I'm currently in year 1 nursing @ UWO.
Although we don't have a writing course this year, they are changing the curriculum for 2012 and I'm pretty sure I saw that they will be including a writing course for the program starting next year.
The entrance average is very competitive at Western, but it changes every year. Last year, for 2011 entrance, the cut-off (or minimum average to get in) was 87-88%. So, I would say aim for the same thing -> high 80's overall average (or top six).

If you have any other questions regarding the nursing program or school, let me know; I'd love to help! :)
I love the program so far; it's very rewarding and all the profs are wonderful!!!

Cheers!
Chantal
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@cccormier wrote
Hi,

I'm currently in year 1 nursing @ UWO.
Although we don't have a writing course this year, they are changing the curriculum for 2012 and I'm pretty sure I saw that they will be including a writing course for the program starting next year.
The entrance average is very competitive at Western, but it changes every year. Last year, for 2011 entrance, the cut-off (or minimum average to get in) was 87-88%. So, I would say aim for the same thing -> high 80's overall average (or top six).

If you have any other questions regarding the nursing program or school, let me know; I'd love to help! :)
I love the program so far; it's very rewarding and all the profs are wonderful!!!

Cheers!
Chantal

I've heard that about the writing course as well. When I was in first year they sat us all down to write an essay thing for them to show what level we're at so they can make a course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0