yconic - Anyone taken IDC4U?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Anyone taken IDC4U?

A photo of MiniMac MiniMac
I just came across this course, as I was looking online. From the looks of it my school offers two courses (IDC4UL and IDC4UW) one of them being web development the other one being a leadership course. Has anyone taken these courses before? They sound pretty simple.. and considering that they are U courses, would that count in my top 6?

For those of you that have taken IDC4U, are these courses basically like average boosters?I'd appreciate if someone that has already taken this course, give a run down as to what you do and learn in it.

Thanks in advance for all the responses. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
55 replies

A photo of ohayitsyou ohayitsyou
I'm taking IDC4U9 this semester (Yearbook, basically incorporates business/arts/writing/leadership all in one course) and it's definitely an average booster for me. (I'm looking at around a 93% final)
However, there are some people with 60's in this class. It's more of a course where you're allowed to do what you think you should do, as long as you meet the deadlines.
So I am going to assume your web development course is similar, in that it's a pretty chill course overall as long as you complete your work.

Our other IDC4U course is Marketing, which I'm taking NEXT semester. I know people who are getting high marks, but they have to do a lot of work in that class because of the way that teacher teaches (pop quizzes every day, pop quizzes at the end of a lesson to test you on whether you learned anything or not, brutal tests........)

So I guess it really depends on your school's teachers, so I think it'd be best to ask somebody who's taken those courses before in your own school.

And they definitely do count towards your top 6!
(Web Development and Leadership sounds fun, you should totally try those courses out!)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli
I'm currently taking IDC4UP and it's basically a leadership course but it's titled Peer Tutoring.. Basically we have class like once a week and we're supposed to do our practicum on our own time. There's a lot of different things you can be a part of, like Relay for Life, Best Buddies, ESL Tutoring, Literacy Group Tutoring, etc. It's pretty simple but at the beginning of the year we had to do a few tedious assignments, like choosing a career and presenting how it is interdisciplinary to the class. Pretty simple assignment, but a boring one. We've also had a psychology assignment, and a history assignment in this class.. But other than actual assignments you're marked on your practicum. We're also required to keep logs of our practicum, so every time we have a meeting we must log it and write a reflection on it, also very tedious. It's really up to you to hand everything in on time considering we only have class once a week. On the first term report card I had 83% in this course which is low considering I'm really involved in my practicum... I think it was the presentation that brought me down. Anyways, it's an okay course, definitely not what I expected though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
IDC 4U

This course can be about anything that falls in the guide lines of the description that falls into the chart your course book. It is defined as a interdisciplinary course. When I was in grade 10 they used to offer this course at my school. It was on stocks and general finance. Kinda sad they took away the course...it was prolly the easiest course in our school. I've seen schools use this course code from financial math to sport management.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
Yeah IDC courses vary at each school.. for us, it was Peer Tutoring. There were a lot of online components, really easy course from what I remember, got high 90s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lite Lite
IDC 4UO is yearbook at my school. If you constantly do the work, then it is a booster. If you don't, then you might expect a bad mark...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
EHrLod <a href="http://dlgvhubcwvvc.com/">dlgvhubcwvvc</a>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

SH6Asm <a href="http://luvxcoqdxvsf.com/">luvxcoqdxvsf</a>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A rolling stone is worth two in the bush, tnahks to this article.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ab fab my gdoloy man.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted