yconic - anyone taking gr 12 correspondance courses? please help!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

anyone taking gr 12 correspondance courses? please help!

A photo of beachbuum beachbuum
hey if anyone can help me with this i will love you foreever!
k so i need to know if (as a grade 12 student who's graduating june 30th) you can work on correspondance(online) courses into the summer and still not have your offer revoked from a university?

because i've been conditionally accepted into uwo, but i need to keep an average of 82 and then send in my final marks.. but im still panicking to get a couple of my pre-reqs done online. If i don't get them finished on time i know they will take back the acceptance,but when us "on time" ? will they care if i work on them into july and then send in my marks in august? or do all pre-reqs for a uni program have to be complete by grad? if anyone has experience with this please let me know! i called admissions and the lady was like "well i belieeeve you can but im not too sure.." so im still looking for a definate answer, and its gettin down to crunch time so im panicking bigg time!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Yeah Yeah
Hi,

I am not 100% certain of this, but I have applied to an affiliate university of Western (Huron) and according to their terms you maybe fine. However they state that they would have to reassess you after the summer or correspondence course is complete. That said, Western may be different in its approach to this scenario than Huron as it is only an affiliate, I know that other universities like U of T, and Queen's will not permit you to submit a summer correspondence course in replacement. My advice is to phone them and ask your hypothetical it won't hurt and will give you a solid answer.

In the mean time, focus on your online courses! There is only a small amount of time left, stop wasting time on forums worrying about what if scenarios. It will be a lot better if you can get a summer job versus doing correspondence over the summer anyway -- not to mention much more enjoyable! Good luck. :)

Yeah.
Was this helpful? Yes 0