yconic - Apparently UW MATH acceptances are coming out TODAY LOL (May 9)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Apparently UW MATH acceptances are coming out TODAY LOL (May 9)

A photo of blurX blurX
I simply can't wait anymore:bounce: , and I found this thread from last year.:albino:

http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst25130_For-all-Waterloo-Applicants-still-waiting.aspx

T.T

According to malionette and wendy94

From an email with the director of admissions received today: "We'll be receiving the second-semester midterms this Friday, and finalizing all remaining decisions next week".

We have only just received midterm grades this morning. We will be finalising all outstanding decisions over the next week, and you can expect an update on Quest by next Friday.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
116 replies

A photo of Stranger Stranger
Me neither. :bounce:
COME TO MEEEE. @_@

Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

We so excited. o3o
So excited.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lolcostco lolcostco
does this mean rejections will be coming out this week as well? or do we have to wait for those later? T_T

ALSO, I'm quite nervous as well...
what programs are you waiting on?

EDIT: oh, I just realized, he/she got his/her acceptance on the 4th of may last year.. which was a Tuesday. I thought acceptances only came out on Fridays. :0
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
OMG so scared, I'm not gonna get in!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
i really hope it comes out tomorrow as well. i can't wait any longer!!!!! ahhhhhhh :@
Was this helpful? Yes 0

someone should send the admissions people an email asking when acceptances will be out...

from thread last year:

Well, I received a mail yesterday from the faculty of math after I had contacted them about admissions and this is what I got:

Thank you for writing with your questions and concerns about admission and scholarship decisions. We've just made our final round of admission decisions on Friday. These decisions will be posted on Quest by Wednesday and by Friday we'll send you an email notice of our admission decisions. Formal offers will be sent in the mail the following week.

That means tomorrow, the final round of admissions will be updated on QUEST...

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blurX blurX

@shirlx wrote

Reverse psychology a bit? Good luck to your guys as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@blurX wrote

@shirlx wrote

Reverse psychology a bit? Good luck to your guys as well.

lol what reverse psychology? It's not like my personal feelings have any influences on their decision,
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@blurX wrote
I simply can't wait anymore:bounce: , and I found this thread from last year.:albino:

http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst25130_For-all-Waterloo-Applicants-still-waiting.aspx

Wow, I'm scared now.

If I get rejected, my only option is Windsor. :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Come on, little biddy. Give me an offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx

@merm123 wrote

@blurX wrote

Wow, I'm scared now.

If I get rejected, my only option is Windsor. :/

You'll get an alternate offer at the very least
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of link link
Just got off the phone with waterloo admissions and they said the rounds of acceptances have already been sent out. They are now letting in people on an individual basis. Not sure what that means, but they're probably looking at the AIFs...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RohanP RohanP
Anybody accepted into Waterloo Comp Sci (COOP) yet ??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@link wrote
Just got off the phone with waterloo admissions and they said the rounds of acceptances have already been sent out. They are now letting in people on an individual basis. Not sure what that means, but they're probably looking at the AIFs...

O_O So... if I don't get accepted today, I'm screwed? :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Nothing as of yet on OUAC or Quest.

Yup, thanks for your idiocy, UW.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Measys Measys

@jzliu wrote

@link wrote

O_O So... if I don't get accepted today, I'm screwed? :(

From the thread linked to in the OP:
Thank you for writing with your questions and concerns about admission and scholarship decisions. We've just made our final round of admission decisions on Friday. These decisions will be posted on Quest by Wednesday and by Friday we'll send you an email notice of our admission decisions. Formal offers will be sent in the mail the following week.

Why wouldn't they update Quest immediately?! Weak..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of malionette malionette
I'm fairly certain that Waterloo is just getting our mid-term marks this Friday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper

@malionette wrote
I'm fairly certain that Waterloo is just getting our mid-term marks this Friday.

That's not true, the deadline for those marks on the OUAC website was a week ago. So waterloo already has the mid-term marks just like every other school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wendy94 wendy94
check out this site:
http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/applicants/dates.php

its the important dates for applicants for Fall 2011. it says that only on MAY 10TH will the midterm marks reach Waterloo. and i suppose, only after that will they send out the next wave of admissions.

more waiting :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

May 10th is the TARGET DATE for midterm marks.
If marks were sent to OUAC earlier, they would have been transferred as soon as possible to our Universities. May 10th is actually the LAST DAY Waterloo should receive our midterms by.

Infact, my school sent in midterms on the 26th. They showed up on OUAC on the 27th.
When I checked Quest on the 28th, my midterm marks were already there.

SO YES, Waterloo may already have our midterm marks.

I'm thinking that the ENGINEERING admissions will be out on the 13th... because I've heard that the Engineering ones are last to be sent out.

If it helps, Arts/Science acceptances went out today?/yesterday? <I know people who got in>

So they'll be giving out Math acceptances before us, meaning, we'll have to wait for the math guys on the forum to spazz before it's our turn.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of malionette malionette
No, it seems like Waterloo gets their marks straight from the highschools, not OUAC. It's odd since in Quest, it says that my marks have been received though.

From an email with the director of admissions received today: "We'll be receiving the second-semester midterms this Friday, and finalizing all remaining decisions next week".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wendy94 wendy94

@lolcostco wrote
May 10th is the TARGET DATE for midterm marks.
If marks were sent to OUAC earlier, they would have been transferred as soon as possible to our Universities. May 10th is actually the LAST DAY Waterloo should receive our midterms by.

Infact, my school sent in midterms on the 26th. They showed up on OUAC on the 27th.
When I checked Quest on the 28th, my midterm marks were already there.

SO YES, Waterloo may already have our midterm marks.

I'm thinking that the ENGINEERING admissions will be out on the 13th... because I've heard that the Engineering ones are last to be sent out.

If it helps, Arts/Science acceptances went out today?/yesterday? <I know people who got in>

So they'll be giving out Math acceptances before us, meaning, we'll have to wait for the math guys on the forum to spazz before it's our turn.

if our Quest doesnt say anything about Midterms, does that mean they havent received it? because my midterms were up on OUAC on the 27th and it still says nothing on Quest...

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@malionette wrote
No, it seems like Waterloo gets their marks straight from the highschools, not OUAC. It's odd since in Quest, it says that my marks have been received though.

Oh great, so mid-May?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shabe Shabe

@Stranger wrote

@malionette wrote

Oh great, so mid-May?

HATE WAITING! T_T
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rawr939 rawr939
so i guess no one got any offers recently :(? and wat do they mean by individual selection form the mid 80s? does that mean if someone has a 85 average its only a small possiblilty that they will get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0