yconic - Applications to University reporting withdrawn/failed courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Applications to University reporting withdrawn/failed courses

A photo of jadegoddard jadegoddard
I'm worried now that I've completed two applications that they may seem untruthful because at the time I applied I only thought of reporting succesfully completed courses. Should I have reported the two classes I failed, my submitted applications will not allow me to make any further changes and I'm quite worried. One class on my transcript shows a 2% which a guidance counsellor without my knowing asked me to give an approximate mark and at random I picked 2 when in reality my quizzes/tests were in the 70% range when I pulled out of the course after the drop date. Should I try to change this as well? I'm beginning to become very worried about my university applications and I'm hoping someone can help me! Thank you in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Gorges26 Gorges26

@jadegoddard wrote
I'm worried now that I've completed two applications that they may seem untruthful because at the time I applied I only thought of reporting succesfully completed courses. Should I have reported the two classes I failed, my submitted applications will not allow me to make any further changes and I'm quite worried. One class on my transcript shows a 2% which a guidance counsellor without my knowing asked me to give an approximate mark and at random I picked 2 when in reality my quizzes/tests were in the 70% range when I pulled out of the course after the drop date. Should I try to change this as well? I'm beginning to become very worried about my university applications and I'm hoping someone can help me! Thank you in advance!

Wait, what?

Without you knowing what your guidance counsellor was doing, he/she asked you to pick a grade for your course between 1 and 100 and you chose 2?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jadegoddard jadegoddard
thats exactly what happened without consulting my teacher at all about my marks. in reality i had 70's in the course when i withdrew since i wasn't comfortable with it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I agree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonstanghetta jasonstanghetta
There was a law passed in Canada that states that all transcripts have all of the classes that you took, whether they be completed or failed. The law was to make it more fair for students, I.E.: if there are two students that took math, one gets an 85% and another get a 80% if the person with the 80% repeats the course and gets a 90% then gets accepted over the kid that got the 85% first time then that's not fair so it will show on your transcript when you or your school send it in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0