yconic - Apply to Uni?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Apply to Uni?

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
I wondering to learn a little of the application process for university and how much time it will take so I can keep it in mind when the time comes to it.

How many programs are you allowed to apply to? (Max and min <-- if there is any)

I know many of the alternate offers are listed on the uni website...but how would it work if the next alternate offer is the program without co-op and you are interested in a different program wid co-op but wid approx same cut-off range?

I have narrowed down my selections of programs in my signiture

Thanks in advance
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Minimum of 3 programs for $120. Every additional program is $40. You can apply to as many programs as your heart (and wallet) desires.

If you're interested in another program as a backup to another program, and are scared you won't get it as a alternate offer, just apply to both, you can apply to a maximum of 3 programs per school. There are some exceptions. For e.g. Laurier will only accept you to your top choice.

As far as your programs go so far, I know UW will give you an AFM-FM coop possibly as an alternate and I believe Arts and Business possibly as well. I don't think the other programs you listed give alternates.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks about the information.

I've also heard that if you are a chancellor's scholarship nominee you are basically guaranteed acceptance. Is this true or am I misinformed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Viking21 wrote

I've also heard that if you are a chancellor's scholarship nominee you are basically guaranteed acceptance. Is this true or am I misinformed.

You didn't have Queens on your sig when I responded but yes, if you are nominated you pretty much are guaranteed an acceptance to QC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@immaculatedx wrote

@Viking21 wrote

You didn't have Queens on your sig when I responded but yes, if you are nominated you pretty much are guaranteed an acceptance to QC.

What are the requirements for becoming a nominee...I don't think getting reference from my guidance counselor will be a problem as I she knows me pretty well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Viking21 wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

@Viking21 wrote

What are the requirements for becoming a nominee...I don't think getting reference from my guidance counselor will be a problem as I she knows me pretty well.

There's an application and your school's nominating committee (Yes your school has one) will choose the the nominees blindly (They won't look at the names and only the essays).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@immaculatedx wrote

@Viking21 wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

@Viking21 wrote

There's an application and your school's nominating committee (Yes your school has one) will choose the the nominees blindly (They won't look at the names and only the essays).

lol my bad then...I was misinformed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@immaculatedx wrote

My school didn't have one. All I did was speak to my VP. He said that he will review my candidacy along with other students who request to be nominated. However, there was only 1 more student asking to be nominated and the size of my school allowed for two nominations, so we both got it. However, I ended up not even applying to Queen's because I wanted to stay in the city. lols
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think my school can provide 3 nominees.
Was this helpful? Yes 0