yconic - applying for computer science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

applying for computer science

A photo of TheCatherine TheCatherine
im planning to study computer science next september and i want to apply for early acceptance.
im an IB student and my average is around 90%...
what 3 best universities in ontario should i apply to?
thanks. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Waterloo and UofT.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NicholeHudson NicholeHudson
Computer science permits graduates to adapt to new technologies and ideas. Through this course they come to know about designing and building software, developing effective ways to solve computing problems and devising new and better ways of using computers and addressing particular challenges in areas such as robotics, computer vision, or digital forensics. Computer science has wide scopes. The following site http://www.cs.umass.edu/admissions/career-options
has complete information about the computer science career.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Hey, are you taking HL math by any chance? I hear that's a recommendation for a lot of engineering/comp sci programs. I'm taking it at the SL level, so I hope it doesn't have a big weight or anything.

As for universities, I'd say Waterloo and U of T as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WaterfallOfDestiny WaterfallOfDestiny
I agree with the suggestions for Waterloo and U of T. You could also consider placing a second one to either university, e.g. U of T St George (for the Professional Experience Year) and Scarborough campuses (for the co-op).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
I'd say Waterloo, McGill (Quebec), and U of T. I'm not crazy about U of T, but it would be good to apply :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Brock, Laurier, and Guelph.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChristaJones ChristaJones
Career in IT is nowadays considered one of the most high-paying jobs and full of opportunities. Particularly because world has become dependent on information technology industry. The talented computer engineers working in IT companies can actually reach to higher levels. But that is possible only when you have an interest towards computer and technology.
Was this helpful? Yes 0