yconic - applying marks
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

applying marks

A photo of gargamel gargamel
I have 4 courses this semester and plan to take 3 more next semester, in grade 11 i had a few courses

functions-74
bio-89
ex sci-90
chem-91

My courses next semester include business leadership, sociology and calculus, and i hope to get 88-90 % in all those classes, but my math mark this semester will probably stay at a 74 or drop further, and since universities look at your first semester grade 12 marks, will this affect my chances of getting in. My thoughts are no because my top 6 courses will be pretty good, but since they see and will factor in my math for the first round of acceptances, will this affect my overall chances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred

@gargamel wrote
I have 4 courses this semester and plan to take 3 more next semester, in grade 11 i had a few courses

functions-74
bio-89
ex sci-90
chem-91

My courses next semester include business leadership, sociology and calculus, and i hope to get 88-90 % in all those classes, but my math mark this semester will probably stay at a 74 or drop further, and since universities look at your first semester grade 12 marks, will this affect my chances of getting in. My thoughts are no because my top 6 courses will be pretty good, but since they see and will factor in my math for the first round of acceptances, will this affect my overall chances?

No. Only top 6 matter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@gargamel wrote

functions-74
bio-89
ex sci-90
chem-91

what u applying for...kin?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i applied to

UWO-Biomed
UWO-Health sci
UWO-Science
Guelph-Biomed
Ottawa-Health sci
Ottawa-Biomed
Waterloo-Health sci
Laurier-Health sci

gotta get into one of em right :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

i'm just really paranoid about not getting in lol, but i guess i should cut one or two out, and now i have to figure that out
Was this helpful? Yes 0