yconic - Applying to a new school, after doing ridiculously bad for 4 at U of T
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Applying to a new school, after doing ridiculously bad for 4 at U of T

A photo of samz101 samz101
First thread, check this out, I did horribly bad at U of T for the past 4 years, I only managed to get like 5.5 credits. It's horrid, I know. First year at U of T ruined me, I did poorly, I really had no idea what I was doing, and it just kept spiralling each progressing year, thing is I had a full time job while going to school. So that did not help, now I have less 1.00 gpa lol on probation, and I just want this sh*t to end.
I did not ever borrow any money from OSAP, I paid for everything myself for all those lost years.

The question here is, can I apply to another university with my high school marks (which were really high) and still get in without them finding out? Yeah deceptive I know, but so is the whole system.

Input is appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Probably won't be able to fool them since they'll want to know what you've been doing for the past 4 years. I'm not sure if OUAC keeps previous applications in their system but if they do then they'll be able to see that you applied to and were accepted to schools in 2008. Doesn't mean that you can't get into another school with your hs marks though, especially if they were good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
You definitely can't and shouldn't try to hide your U of T marks. They will want transcripts from any university or college education you've had. I would question why you would want to restart at another university when you clearly were not able to succeed for the past 4 years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Comradeponov Comradeponov

@ktel wrote
You definitely can't and shouldn't try to hide your U of T marks. They will want transcripts from any university or college education you've had. I would question why you would want to restart at another university when you clearly were not able to succeed for the past 4 years.

He never asked about your opinion. Your highness just felt the need to spew your negative comments.

He's 4 years older, and perhaps 4 times wiser. If he wants to do it, who the hell are you to say he shouldn't?

Just shut the F up and stop putting people down. People like you really boil my blood.

@ OP, they will probably see your past record, but if you really want to do something, you will.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer

@Comradeponov wrote

@ktel wrote

He never asked about your opinion. Your highness just felt the need to spew your negative comments.

He's 4 years older, and perhaps 4 times wiser. If he wants to do it, who the hell are you to say he shouldn't?

Just shut the F up and stop putting people down. People like you really boil my blood.

@ OP, they will probably see your past record, but if you really want to do something, you will.

Ktel wasn't really expressing her opinion, she's just asking how/why... and just suggested he think about another plan; which is what he really asked for: advice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samz101 samz101
I just want to say thanks for the replies, and to answer ktel.
My reason is very simple, I did not know what I was doing, admission to U of T did not come with a trouble shooting manual.
And the councillors at Woodsworth college are horrible at giving any level of advice and encouragement. So my mistake for picking Woodsworth.
Plus I found it very difficult to make any friends there, people are really uninviting and anti social, so peer support did not exist.
Also I thought U of T was the best (at the time) which based on my experience is not! So I was in a self destruct spiral.
Now since I have my own business, and the University deal figured out. I just want to start fresh in a different environment.
Hope that gives you guys a bit of insight about me.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
That makes sense. A lot of students screw up in university, I just found it unusual that you stumbled along for 4 years. You obviously must not have done that poorly or they would have kicked you out, but you did mention you are on probation now. I would suggest you look at what went wrong with the way you approached your studies and university, as it isn't solely due to the school you chose (although it does play a role).
Was this helpful? Yes 0